I had a 10-year old ASUS P7P55D MoBo with enabled built-it RAID 1 (mirror) based on Intel RST ROM.
Everything was fine till few weeks ago my BIOS battery was completely discharged and I had to replace it.
Obviously all BIOS settings were erased including RAID but I didn't realize that till today 8-(
So today I had:
- windows 10 booting to (third, non-RAID-ever SSD drive)
- one of former RAID-disks online
- second - not mounted with error in Disk Devices (GUID duplicate or smth similar)
- switch BIOS back from IDE to RAID disk mode
- enter RST ROM UI (Ctrl+I) - and no disks are in RAID anymore, no option to recover or I can't see those
- windows 10 can't boot to (third, non-RAID-ever SSD drive) in RAID mode anymore (blue screen with sad smile :() while it was booting successfully before battery fault
Now I switched BIOS back to IDE:
- windows 10 can boot now
- both former RAID-disks are online, with separate drive letters assigned. Last file on 'offline' drive obviously is several weeks old
1) Can I repair/rebuild the RAID 1 (mirror) from those disks without data lost? And make Win10 boot with RAID mode turned on again?
2) Hot ot prevent same accidents in future?
Need backup for BIOS backup battery ;)
Hope this helps,