Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID

RAID 1

TBoxe
Beginner

RAID 1 configuration.

I have just fitted a larger disc to my desktop PC and was hoping that the data on the other smaller capacity disc would be copied over to the new disc.

This hasn't happened.

I was hoping that once the data had been transferred I could have replaced the smaller disc drive with the same size as the one I had just put in.

I was fitting A Seagate Firecruda 1Tb SSHD.

The motherboard is an ASUS P8 z77-v LX

The cpu is an Intel i7.

I look forward to hearing of the solution to my problems

compnovice

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

compnovice: I just wanted to check if you saw the information we requested previously was and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Alberto R

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

compnovice: Thank you very much for joining the Intel® communities. We will do our best in order to try to fix this problem.

In order to provide the most accurate response and if you are using the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology, please provide the system report:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/technologies/000006351.html https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/technologies/000006351.html

Any further questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Alberto R

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

compnovice: I just wanted to check if you saw the information we requested previously was and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Alberto R

0 Kudos
TBoxe
Beginner

Hi. Alberto.

With ref. to my query about RAID 1 issues these have bee resolved. BUT another has appeared and that is - when I added a larger disk for the information to

be copied, the system partitioned this disk to the size of the original. The net result is that I have not increased the capacity of the computer.

The question is - How can I delete the partition to give me the extra capacity that I need?

I look forward to your reply.

Tom Cribb

0 Kudos
TBoxe
Beginner

Hi. Alberto.

With ref. to my query about RAID 1 issues these have bee resolved. BUT another has appeared and that is - when I added a larger disk for the information to

be copied, the system partitioned this disk to the size of the original. The net result is that I have not increased the capacity of the computer.

The question is - How can I delete the partition to give me the extra capacity that I need?

I look forward to your reply.

Tom

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi compnovice: Perfect, thank you very much for letting us know that information, it is great to hear the original problem got fixed. In regard to this other problem, in order to increase the size of the partition there are two things that we need to do, first to increase the RAID volume and then increase the partition itself.

To increase the RAID volume, please follow the steps provided on the image below:

Now, to increase the partition, please get into disk management locate the partition and increase it from there.

Regards,

Alberto R

0 Kudos