Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2055 Discussions

RAID Failure After Upgrading BIOS

MartaReis
Novice
I lost my Raid 0 after upgrading Bios from my x99 Deluxe Mobo.

After enabling RAID on BIOS, I went to Configuration Utility & create RAID to recreate the Raid but Im unable to do so. There's no option other than formating.  Only one of the three HDD fails to reconnect.  

How can I recover the Raid without loosing  all data?

RAID Failure After Upgrading BIOS - Intel Community  (Thread already open)

thx

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @MartaReis

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

As per the following link "Recovering a RAID 0 Volume Failure Using Intel® Rapid Storage Technology", when a RAID 0 volume fails or is disconnected, the data on the hard drive is no longer accessible. If a hard drive is disconnected, you may be able to recover the volume. If a hard drive fails, you cannot recover the data.

Please allow us to check further regarding this inquiry. We have taken note of the information you shared on the other thread. As soon as we have more details available, we will be posting back in the thread.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
MartaReis
Novice

Thanks for the update Andrew. 

Once the data on the volume can't be recovered I'll  reformat the drives and create a new Raid0 with those 3 volumes. 

Please let me know in case you have more details so I can decide when to moove on.

Regards,

Marta

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello MartaReis

Thank you for your patience in this matter

After double-checking this, we would like to confirm that RAID 0 means no redundancy and when the CTRL + I ROM shows as "failed" this means no data and structure is found and there is no way to recover this RAID 0.

Having said that, our recommendation is to start from scratch. For any other inquiries, please don't hesitate to contact us back.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello MartaReis

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you were able to review our previous post. Please do not hesitate to contact us back if you have additional inquiries.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello MartaReis

We have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos