Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2055 Discussions

RAID1 Status: Degraded; Error Occured (0)

tea_
Beginner

Hi everyone,
I have two HDDs (Samsung HD103SJ) in a RAID1 Mirror, whenever I boot, one of them is working while the other's Status : Error Occured (0).
Windows 7 starts up and works without any issues, unless I start the RST Menu while booting, then i get the Windows Error Recovery screen, even without ever having made any change in the RST Menu.
Even if i choose "Launch Startup Repair" I only get the "Startup Repair cannot repair this computer automatically screen", Windows however starts normally after reboot.
Is there a way to fix this? i don't think the faulty drive has ever been used for anything, so i don't know what caused the error to appear in the first place.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello @tea_.

Thanks for posting on the Intel️® communities.  

The issue you are experiencing may indicate that one of the drives has failed since you mentioned that the RAID volume you created is a RAID 1 (Mirroring), which means that all the data was copied and stored on the drives, the reason why your system can operate as expected. 

To solve the issue you are experiencing you may want to try the following:

• Power off your system and reconnect the missing drive.
  • As soon as the computer is turned on, the rebuild operation should start automatically.

If that doesn't work, it will confirm that the drive has failed and you need to replace it.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello @tea_

Hope you are doing fine

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello @tea_

We hope you are doing fine.

We have not heard back from you. So we will close this thread, if you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitor

Best regards.

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos