PCunn1
Beginner

I have a new Dell Precision Tower 7910 with:

Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2630 v4 @ 2.20GHz

Intel(R) C610 series/X99 chipset USB Enhanced Host Controller # 2 - 8D2D

Intel(R) C610 series/X99 chipset USB Enhanced Host Controller # 1 - 8D26

ATA WDC WD10EZEX-75W SCSI Disk Device

ATA WDC WD10EZEX-75W SCSI Disk Device

They put Windows 10 64-bit on one of the 1T drives and put the other drive on there empty. I'd like to migrate to a RAID1 mirrored system. I've managed to load IntelRST-14.8.14.1063 on it (the newer version wouldn't install). It only sees the DVD drive. I unmounted the second drive and even removed the partition and rebooted. I don't see any RAID options in the boot or BIOS menu.

Do I have the right software?

Is it possible to do a live migration?

Is it OK that I don't have a local Administrator account that works? I can create one, but so far I haven't been able to login.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

There *must* be a place within the BIOS configuration where you select RAID instead of AHCI for the SATA interface. If you cannot find one, you need to contact your vendor's support for more assistance (i.e., call Dell).

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
PCunn1
Beginner

Thanks. That might be more helpful than what Dell gave me. I'm of the opinion now that this motherboard supports RAID on its SAS connectors, but not on the SATA connectors. Unfortunately my employer provided no options to order the PC with SAS drives or a RAID1 configuration.

0 Kudos