Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2055 Discussions

RIAD Configuration gone from Master Disk (Recovery with on demand sync)

EngHooda
Beginner

Hello,

I have two 1TB drives and I have set them to work on Recovery configuration with on demand sync with windows installed on the RAID volume.

My PSU failed and I needed to pull some data from the master disk until I replace my PSU.

So I connected the master disk alone to my laptop using SATA to USB adapter and copied the needed data.

But after I installed the new PSU I found the that master disk is recognized as Non-RAID disk and the volume is degraded , But Windows still booted from it as normal.

RST software only detected the recovery disk and the master disk has a missing status.

the actual master disk is detected as system disk but outside any RAID volume.

Is there away to tell RST that the master disk is there without losing any data?

How restore RAID configuration to the master disk without losing data?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello EngHooda,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

To better assist you please provide the following reports to continue with your assistance.

-Please run the following tool and attach the report generated.  

-Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU)

Download link: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

•          Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information

•          By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".  

•          Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  

•          To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".  

- Please use the instructions in the link below and attach the report generated by your Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) to your next response.

System Reports for Intel® Rapid Storage Technology

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000006351/technologies.html

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Victor G.

Intel Technical Support Technician

0 Kudos
EngHooda
Beginner

Hello Victor G.

Please find the attached files.

Thank you for your continued support.

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello EngHooda,

We appreciate the information provided, we will use it to do further research about your situation and, we will update this thread as soon as possible.

Regards,

Victor G.

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello EngHooda,

In regards to your situation, we would like to let you know that what you can do right now reset as Non-Raid all disks using the CTRL + I command and if possible we recommend that you backup any accessible data before taking any actions.

It is worth mentioning that if the recovery volume is on update mode. You can change the volume from update mode to continuous if desired.

Please bear in mind that we cannot guarantee any data loss since they may fail at any time. We have seen on one of the pictures you sent that one drive is set to "offline" on your disk management section, what you need to do is to right-click on the offline drive and set it as online again, this might fix the issue or at least you will have another chance to get all data from that disk.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Victor G.

0 Kudos
EngHooda
Beginner

Hello Victor G.

In the current state all my data is accessible.

Windows is booting from the master disk but it is not detected as part of the RAID configuration.

the recovery disk in my configuration stays offline.

I can take an image of the master disk on an external drive and then restore it on the RAID volume after recreating it.

But that would take a long time.

So there is no way to redefine the master disk on the RAID configuration ?

Thank you for your continued support.

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello EngHooda,

In this case, redefine the master disk on the RAID configuration won’t be a possibility; therefore, we believe that your best bet will be to either take the image of the master disk on an external drive and then restore it on the RAID volume after recreating it as you mentioned or you can also check for any further recommendations in the OEM (Original Equipment manufacturer) support forums from ASRock to see if you can get a different recommendation.

Regards,

Victor G.

0 Kudos