Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2055 Discussions

RST Need to reconnect 2 drives in RAID1

PHebe1
Beginner

Hello,

I had to reinstall windows 10 pro and also did a BIOS update and I got disconnected from my RAID1 drives

I have my OS on drive 0

I have bios set to RAID mode

and 2 data discs on Drive 1 & Drive 2 ( there were in RAID1 ) and the data is still on both drives

I reinstalled RST 16.0.2.1086

Can I re-create the Raid-1 with those 2 drives and NOT loose the data ?

I'm using RST 16.0.2.1086

I can select a VOLUME000

I can select my 2 data discs ( drive 1 & drive 2 )

but, the choice to KEEP the data is greyed out.

I do NOT want to loose my data, I only want to re-create the RAID1

thank you

Phill H

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello phillip9,

Thank you for joining the Intel Community Support.

First, I would like to check if the version of Intel® RST you are using is supported by your chipset and operating system. Please run the folling tools and attach the reports.

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility. Follow these steps.

1.Download the Intel® System Support Utility and save the application to your system.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

2.Open the application and click Scan to see system and device information. The Intel® System Support Utility defaults to the Summary View on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says summary to change to Detailed View.

3.To save your scan, click Next and click Save. You can save the file to any accessible location on your computer.

4. Attach the report to this thread.

2. Intel® RST report.

1.Open the Intel Rapid Storage Technology user interface (Start > Programs > Intel > Intel® Rapid Storage Technology).

2.Click the Help icon.

3.Click the System Report icon.

4.Click Save.

Wanner G.
0 Kudos
PHebe1
Beginner

Hello,

here are the 2 reports, they should be attached below

Thank you

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello phillip9,

Thank you for your response.

First, it is worth mentioning that your system manufacturer has validated Intel® RST up to Windows 8.1 64-bit for this computer. In other words, the version of Intel® RST you installed is not supported by your hardware/software (Chipset/Operating system).

My recommendation is that you can install one of the operating systems your system manufacturer has validated for your computer in order to get the best performance and data reliability. Find below additional information:

Operating system > Version > Driver-Storage > Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver validated.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-ENVY-Phoenix-h9-Desktop-PC-series/5295991/model/5307261

Then, you should be able to set up RAID 1 in your system without losing any data.

Wanner G.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello phillip9,

Were you able to set up RAID 1 in your system by installing the recommended version for your system?

Please let me know if you need further help.

Wanner G.
0 Kudos