Why is SetupRST installing Optane memory Pinning Extensions even if the computer does not support Optane ?
Also if the version of the RST is not compatible with the machine, why is it installing it ?
I can see that the module iaStorAfsServiceApi.dll exists in C:\Program Files\Intel(R) Rapid Storage Tecnology, so why "could not be found" ?
I found two ways to get rid of the error:
1) Uninstalling the Optane Memory Pinning Extensions.
2) Reinstalling RST 220.127.116.111 seems to cure the problem too.
Is this version of RST compatible with the CHIPSET of the MSI-GT70-0NC ?
I assume that if Optane is not supported it should not try to use it ?
The previous version of RST installed was 18.104.22.1682
Please let me know the latest version for this machine, the Intel DSA is not much help in this case.
I saw a previous report on this error, but it was closed without a clear answer. This is the Latest Windows 10 1903 Build 18362.267. Also tried with Win 10 Preview build 18945.1001 with the same results and the same workaround.
I attached the SSU.TXT for the MSI-GT70-0NC.
1) I don't have Optane Memory, but my system uses an mSATA SSD in Intel Raid 0 configuration. So I believe I still need RST and the driver for the Intel Chipset SATA/PCIe RST Controller.
Today I ran again Intel DSA and it downloaded RST version 22.214.171.1249 to replace 126.96.36.1992 and states that it is the latest version, but when I look at the support site it shows that the latest version is 188.8.131.521. So, do I trust Intel DSA or the support site ? Both versions seem to work fine after I reinstall them, perhaps Intel DSA is not up to date ?.
2)The next question is: Since I don't have Optane Memory, should I uninstall the Intel Optane Pinning Explorer Extensions ? Do they serve any purpose in my case ?
Or are they just wasting time and resources ?
Thanks, for your help.
1) The Intel DSA is the latest 184.108.40.206, I guess it is not up to date.
2) As you suggest, I'll install RST 220.127.116.111 and then unisntall Optane Pinning Explorer Extensions