Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2055 Discussions

RSTe install failing on C224 chipset, Windows Server 2012 R2, RSTe drivers 4.7.0.1117

MNole
Beginner

Hello,

I have a small file server with the following specs:

ASRock E3C224D2I Motherboard, C224 chipset

Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials

I am running a RAID 10 with 4 disks (4x ST3000DM001-1ER166), but I cannot get the RSTe GUI to install. However, I can use the CLI client to get volume information, see disks states, etc.

The installer will sit on the step for installing the driver for 15 minutes or more, and eventually throw an error stating it failed to install the drivers. The driver im trying to install is:

RSTe_and_AHCI_Win_Drivers_GUI_CLI_CIM_4.7.0.1117

However, the device's driver version in Device Manager shows the correct version.

This server has been running without the GUI for 2 or 3 years, but there was a power issue recently and the raid needed to verify & fix, which I executed via the CLI client. However, in the future, I'd like the user to be able to do this from the GUI.

Here's the last section of the log file where it fails. Ive also attached the full log file.

Please let me know if there are other specs/info you need to help debug this issue. Thanks!

[INF - 600]

Installing C:\Windows\Temp\IIF2\Drivers\win8\SATA\x64\iaStorA.inf

INF = C:\Windows\Temp\IIF2\Drivers\win8\SATA\x64\iaStorA.inf

Execute command: C:\Windows\Temp\IIF2\x64\Drv64.exe -driverinf "C:\Windows\Temp\IIF2\Drivers\win8\SATA\x64\iaStorA.inf" -flags 20 -keypath "Software\Intel\Difx64"

!  DriverPackageInstall error 0x5B4

IIF will NOT initiate reboot

Exit code = 0x5B4

ResultCode = 1460

<<< 1/07/2019 11:14:21:805

0 Kudos
4 Replies
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello MNole, Thank you for posting on the Intel ® communities. I would like to provide you with the Intel ® Rapid Storage Technology version provided by your motherboard manufacturer. This version should allow you to install it without any problem taking into consideration that different motherboard and system manufacturers get drivers to customize so that they work properly with the systems. Please refer to the link below: https://www.asrockrack.com/general/productdetail.asp?Model=E3C224D2I#Download * Please be aware that the content on that site is not controlled by Intel*. This information is offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel* for the merchants or services offered there. * Let me know if the error persists with this version as well. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello MNole, Were you able to install the version provided above? Did the error persist? Let me know please. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
MNole
Beginner

Hey David, I only get to visit this remote office every month, so I'm trying again today. I tried installing the driver from the link you provided, and the same thing happens: the installer will pause on after the "Installing Driver: C600+/C220+ series chipset SATA RAID Controller" line (where it shows the dots as a progress bar i guess). Its been on this part for 15 minutes so far, and nothing has changed. Ill leave it running until it fails, then post the log. Is there another log I should check, or another utility to help debug this situation?

Thanks

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello MNole, Thank you for your response. In this case it does not seem to be a problem with the installer or the program itself but rather operating system or hardware issue. It is imperative to contact Asus* to check with them first. Let us know the outcome. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos