Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2046 Discussions

Raid 1 failing to rebuild, causing total system crash.

BKyes
Beginner

I have a Asus Maximus XI Formula Board with 2 2TB Samsung 970 EVO M.2 drives in raid 1. Today I tried to install a USB 3.1 gen 2 header and after about 20 minutes of use the whole system crashed. When it came back online the bios auto populated saying the raid failed, rebuilding. I signed into windows, Intel RST said rebuilding. Once it got near the end it crashed. I repeated this about 4 times and even tried letting it rebuild while in the bios with no luck. It didn't say which drive was bad but I took both drives out of raid and booted into windows on drive 1 fine and am having 0 isues even with the USB 3.1 gen 2 header installed. I do not think I have a bad M.2 drive. I want to format my 2nd raid drive and then tell the bios to make my first drive a raid drive again, then trying to rebuild on the newly formatted drive using Intel RST. Is this possible or will telling my drive one to go back to being a raid 1 drive wipe the drive?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AdrianM_Intel

Hello BKyes

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. 

To better assist you with your request, please provide the following reports:

1. Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) 

• Intel® SSU Download link 
  • Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View". 
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View". 
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".

Please generate a report from the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology. 

• Open the Intel Rapid Storage Technology user interface (Start > Programs > Intel > Intel® Rapid Storage Technology). 
  • Click the Help icon. 
  • Click the System Report icon. 
  • Click Save. 
  • Attach the report to the thread.  

Can you please send us a screenshot of the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) option ROM?

You can access it by pressing Ctrl + i when the computer is posting

Best regards,

Adrian M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
AdrianM_Intel

Hello BKyes

Were you able to check the previous post? 

Let me know if you need more assistance. 

Best regards,

Adrian M.

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
AdrianM_Intel

Hello BKyes,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance, please post a new question. 

Best regards,

Adrian M.

0 Kudos