Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID

Raid for Intel Atom 6414RE

roschc
Beginner

Hallo,

does someone know if this CPU supports RAID and for what the "R" in "6414RE" stands?

Thanks!

Best Wishes,

Roman

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello roschc,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. I understand you are looking for information about your Intel Atom 6414RE processor.

To answer your question about whether or not your processor supports RAID, it is important to mention that the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology Driver Installation Software with Intel® Optane™ Memory latest version 19.5.1.1040 does not support any Intel Atom® processor. On the README Text Files for this version, the supported requirements for processors are the following:

•   Intel(R) vPro(TM)
  •   Intel(R) Celeron(R)
  •   Intel(R) Pentium(R)
  •   Intel(R) Core™ i3, i5, i7 or i9
  •   Intel(R) Xeon(R) processor family

Also, if you want, you can check out our article "System Requirements for Intel® Rapid Storage Technology" for more information.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello roschc,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. I understand you are looking for information about your Intel Atom 6414RE processor.

To answer your question about whether or not your processor supports RAID, it is important to mention that the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology Driver Installation Software with Intel® Optane™ Memory latest version 19.5.1.1040 does not support any Intel Atom® processor. On the README Text Files for this version, the supported requirements for processors are the following:

•   Intel(R) vPro(TM)
  •   Intel(R) Celeron(R)
  •   Intel(R) Pentium(R)
  •   Intel(R) Core™ i3, i5, i7 or i9
  •   Intel(R) Xeon(R) processor family

Also, if you want, you can check out our article "System Requirements for Intel® Rapid Storage Technology" for more information.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello roschc,

I am glad to know the information helped. Hopefully, it will help other community members. Since you marked this thread as solved, we will close it. 

If you need additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos