Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2047 Discussions

Rapid storage locked away 932gb of my storage i can't access it is there a fix ? >:(

idata
Employee

As you see this is the set up. I cannot edit this disk. Advanced shows this:

These are the options for the recovery volume I would like to reset the whole thing and not use this program.

Again not wanting to lose data here what are the options for resetting and not losing anything? Have had this problem over a year now and am tired of only having 238 GB to use on my 1Tb laptop. >:( All else fails I'll just go buy an external HDD but as of now I would never use this crap on any future pcs I buy.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello sauronsbane,

Thank you for posting.

Is there any particular reason why you installed the Intel® RST? Are you managing RAID set ups?

How many disks does your computer have?

Amy C

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

In the order asked it was pre loaded onto my Predator. For the second part the program prompted me to make the recovery volume I did and poof there went the D drive. I cannot edit the drive or take any other actions minus what my screen shots showcased. It has from it's initial start up had one partitioned into C drive the 238 Gb and the D 932 Gb. For managing wise I have no need to manage RAID and would like to simply have those GBs back so I can actually play more then a few games at a time.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

/thread/129903 sauronsbane thanks.

The recovery partition you see in the Storage System View is a set up customized by the computer manufacturer of your computer model. From our end there is a solution for this, but it requires to re-install the operating system(see more details below). I understand you do not want to lose data, but this is the only solution from my end. Now, since this is a set up from the manufacturer, there might be a chance they can provide with different steps to undo the recovery partition they set in your computer model. You can contact them to check if this is possible.

Steps:

1. Set your system to non-RAID.
  2. Set you recovery partition (operating system).
  3. Reinstall the operating system.

Amy C

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos