Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2047 Discussions

Regarding your product "Rapid Strage Technology" Please inform us of all the application logs that this software discharges due to the disk failure. (OS: Windows)

OKeng
Beginner

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AndrewG_Intel

Hello OKeng,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

Could you please provide more details in order to clarify what you are trying to achieve?

Regarding the ApplicationLogs file attached, we would like to inform you that the support is only provided in the English language and we couldn't translate the information on the picture.

The picture attached semes to show logs from Microsoft® Event viewer, to confirm where those logs are stored this should be checked with Microsoft® support for proper information.

As an aside note, Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel RST) stores some logs in the following paths:

C:\Users\"username"\Intel\Logs

C:\Users\"username"\AppData\Local\Microsoft\CLR_v4.0\UsageLogs ("CLR_v4.0" may also vary on the system)

Also, there is the option to launch a System report following the steps in this link: System Reports for Intel® Rapid Storage Technology

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
OKeng
Beginner

Hello. Andrew,

I am writing this on behalf of Mr. Ogawa from CONTEC (Japan). He previously sent you an inquiry regarding your "Rapid Storage Technology”.

The following is his detailed inquiry which I was asked to write in English.

Although I am not an engineer, I would be happy to help you and Mr. Ogawa for an communication aspect.

Thanks,

Saka

-------------------------------------------------------

[Inquiry from Mr. Ogawa]

When using the "Rapid Storage Technology", we sometimes see that "Rapid Storage Technology" recognizes certain HDDs (hard disks) as errors and lists them in the ApplicationLogs on Microsoft® Event viewer.

We would like to know what things make Rapid Storage Technology recognize HDDs as errors.

If there are more than one factor to be recognized as errors, would you inform us of all the factor types?

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello OKeng,

Thank you for your response.

Please allow me to look into your inquiry and do research regarding facts that might trigger HDD errors.

As soon as I have more details, I will be posting back.

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello OKeng,

Thank you for your patience in this matter.

Regarding your inquiry, we would like to share the Software User Guide for Intel® Rapid Storage Technology enterprise (Intel® RSTe) for Windows*

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000006510/server-products.html

In this User Guide, error conditions are shown in the annex section, please refer to Appendix A, page 82.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello OKeng,

We would like to know if you were able to check the Intel® RSTe Software Guide shared in the previous link.

We hope it has helped to clarify your inquiry.

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
OKeng
Beginner

Hello. Andrew,

Sorry for the late contact.

I told my customer your information.

There is no communication from my customer.

So, I will close this problem.

Thank you for everything.

Regards,

Kengo Ogawa,

Technical Support Center,

Engineering Division

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello OKeng,

Thank you for your response.

It's been a pleasure to assist you with this inquiry. We will proceed to close this thread, but if you need further assistance, please post a new question and we will be glad to assist you.

Regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos