Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2055 Discussions

Replaced my C: drive recently and i cannot enable Intel Optane memory. I receive an error code c(0xA005055).

bdunk
Beginner

I have recently replaced my hard drive with a clone copy and although the Intel Optane card is showing as status good within the storage system view of the Rapid Storage Technology dashboard (V15.9.0.1015) I cannot enable it. I receive the following error message.

My C: drive is an SSD which I appreciate would see no benefit however I would like to enable the Optane memory to speed up the second 1TB Seagate drive if that is possible.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi bd2013,

Thank you for contacting our support community. We understand your situation regarding the Optane(TM).

We would like to inform you that the Optane(TM) only accelerates SATA boot drives. Secondary drives are not supported for system acceleration.

*Could you please confirm the brand and model of the boot drive?

*For more information you can check the following article:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000024018/memory-and-storage/intel-optane-memory.html Frequently Asked Questions for Intel® Optane™ Memory- Intel.com

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Regards,

Junior M.

0 Kudos
bdunk
Beginner

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

Brand and model as follows:-

Toshiba THNSJ256CSU 256GB SATA SSD. Firmware JURA0101.

Regards Barry

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi bd2013,

Thanks for the information provided.

Based on the SSD's boot drive info, you are supposed to enable Optane(TM) with that drive because is SATA. With the secondary drives, system acceleration is not supported.

Could you please let us know if you want to accelerate the boot drive with Optane(TM)?

If so, please provide the following information:

*Please uninstall the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) and try to enable the Optane(TM) with its https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/99745/Intel-Optane-Memory software.

*If you have the same issue, please provide the logs located here:

C:\Users\[your user name]\Intel\Logs

*Please download and run the https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility Intel® System Support Utility. Run the scan selecting "Everything." Save this report and upload.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Regards,

Junior M.

0 Kudos
bdunk
Beginner

I have reviewed the installation and user guide (as the system was shipped to me preconfigured with Optane installed) and have found that I needed to free some space at the end of the drive in order to enable to feature and to allow Optane to accelerate the drive. Having done this I have been able to correctly configure the system. It was useful to understand from your feedback that I can only accelerate the boot drive. Thank you for your help.

Regards Barry

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi bd2013,

Thank you for the reply.

We are glad to hear that your situation has been resolved.

Please let us know if there is something else we can assist you with.

Regards,

Junior M.
0 Kudos