Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2047 Discussions

SAMSUNG Magician Compatibility Issue / Samsung SSD 860 EVO 500GB

AraujoD
Beginner

SAMSUNG Magician Compatibility Issue / Samsung SSD 860 EVO 500GB

"DRIVER | Intel Corporation 12.9.3.1000 //
Under the current system environment, some functions in Magician CANNOT be run."

I have tried to update the Intel Driver 12.9.3.1000 without success.
I'm using Windows 10.
Thank you in advance for your help!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel

AraujoD, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this topic, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

What is the model of the motherboard?

If this is a laptop, what is the model of it?

What is the version of the SAMSUNG Magician currently being used?

Is this a new computer?

When did you purchase it?

Just to make sure, the problem is that after installing the Intel® RST software/driver the SAMSUNG Magician does not work properly? Is that correct? Please provide a detailed description of the problem.

Was SAMSUNG Magician working fine before?

When did the issue start?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes that might cause this issue?

Which Windows* version are you using?

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment?

Please attach the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
AraujoD
Beginner

Hello Albert R.,

Thanks for your prompt reply and attention.

Here are my answers:

1. What is the model of the motherboard? Lenovo Emerald Lake / Model Not available / Version FAB1

2. If this is a laptop, what is the model of it? Laptop / Lenovo B570

3. What is the version of the SAMSUNG Magician currently being used? Samsung SSD 860 EVO 500GB / Driver Version 10.0.19041.789

4. Is this a new computer? No

5. When did you purchase it? 3 to 5 years old.

6. Just to make sure, the problem is that after installing the Intel® RST software/driver the SAMSUNG Magician does not work properly? Is that correct? Please provide a detailed description of the problem.

SAMSUNG Magician is informing the following issue:

"There is a reported compatibility issue:

DRIVER | Intel Corporation 12.9.3.1000 //
Under the current system environment, some functions in Magician CANNOT be run. To enable these Magician functions and ensure optimal performance it is recommended to: Visitwebsite below and update driver to the latest version:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/55005/-RST"

>>> I've followed the instructions, but I couldn't find a solution for this issue.

7. Was SAMSUNG Magician working fine before? Yes. And I don't know what's wrong. 

8. When did the issue start? I don't know.

9. Did you make any recent hardware/software changes that might cause this issue? No.

10. Which Windows* version are you using? Windows 10

11. Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment? Home

12. Please attach the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

>>>> See file attached

Please help... Thanks!

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello AraujoD, You are very welcome, thank you very much for providing that information and the SSU report.

We will do further research on this matter, as soon as I get any updates I will post all the details on this thread.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello AraujoD, I just received an update on this matter.

After reviewing the case, based on the computer specifications shown in the SSU, we can confirm that your system does not support Windows* 10.

If you need to use that specific Operating System, it is needed to get a compatible Intel® RST software. We recommend to install Intel® RST 14.8 since this is the first version with Windows 10 support, and then test the SAMSUNG Magician software again:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19207/intel-rapid-storage-technology-raid-for-nuc5i3ry-nuc5i5ry-nuc5i7ry.html?wapkw=intel%20rapid%20storage%20technology

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
AraujoD
Beginner

Hello Albert R.,

Actually, my laptop is running Windows 10.

And Samsung Magician is running under Windows 10.

Following your recommendation, I've tried to install "Intel® RST 14.8" without success. Here is the error message:

"The setup program ended prematurely due to following error:

This platform is not supported"

Please see the screenshot attached.

Please help... Thank you!

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello AraujoD, Thank you very much for sharing those details.

"Actually, my laptop is running Windows 10. And Samsung Magician is running under Windows 10.", Yes, you will be able to install it but you might run into this kind of scenario at the moment to install applications or drivers since the machine is not supported by that Operating System.

"Following your recommendation, I've tried to install "Intel® RST 14.8" without success", We are sorry to hear the problem persists after trying the suggestion provided previously. 

In this case, then, the next thing to do will be to get in contact directly with Lenovo Support to report this scenario, to confirm with them if Windows* 10 was tested and validated for this machine as fully supported, if they can replicate the issue using the same system you are working with, to verify if they have a specific RTS version also validated by them for this computer and for further assistance on this matter since the proper drivers and applications that contain the customizations done by Lenovo are provided directly by them:

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos