Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2055 Discussions

Server 2019 unable to see drives for C600+/C220+ RAID

Viss
Novice

I have a SuperMicro MBD-X11SDW server with the Intel C600+/C220+ RAID controller and I have been unable to find the proper driver to load Windows Server 2019.

I found a link about loading the driver for Windows Server here...
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000030650/server-products/server-systems.html

but the links are dead and for the life of me I can not find a driver that will allow the installer to see the drives in any configuration whether it be AHCI or RAID.

Any help with a driver for the installer is VERY much appreciated!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Viss
Novice

That may be the policy but that doesn't mean it's the correct way to handle things!

For those that come across this thread I figured out how do get it to work and it took many attempts of using the typical F6 driver and many hours of figuratively banging my head on the wall to get something to work.

You have to build your own installer image and slipstream drivers into the installer.
I ended up slip streaming every driver I could find relating to this chipset.
You can do a search on the web for instructions on slip streaming drivers into a Windows installer image.

Once that was completed and I booted to the image and it made it a bit further but couldn't find any drives again, so I pointed it to one of the F6 drivers and at that point it saw the drives and I could move on with the install.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Viss, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In reference to your question, just to let you know, for this specific chipset all the support is provided by the manufacturer of the board, in this case SuperMicro, so the next thing to do will be to get in contact directly with them for further assistance on this matter:

https://www.supermicro.com/en/support

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
Viss
Novice

That may be the policy but that doesn't mean it's the correct way to handle things!

For those that come across this thread I figured out how do get it to work and it took many attempts of using the typical F6 driver and many hours of figuratively banging my head on the wall to get something to work.

You have to build your own installer image and slipstream drivers into the installer.
I ended up slip streaming every driver I could find relating to this chipset.
You can do a search on the web for instructions on slip streaming drivers into a Windows installer image.

Once that was completed and I booted to the image and it made it a bit further but couldn't find any drives again, so I pointed it to one of the F6 drivers and at that point it saw the drives and I could move on with the install.

0 Kudos
Viss
Novice

BTW, those links are dead.
Go to that page you listed and click the link, nothing there.

0 Kudos