Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2047 Discussions

Should I have Rapid Storage Technology on my computer?

JimSmith2023
Beginner

Hello and thanks for the great products and support.

I'm technical enough to stay out of trouble. 

I built this PC in 2016.

Windows 7 pro.

ASUS Z97-AR USB 3.1, Intel® Z97.

Set up RAID 1 using BIOS.  BIOS shows "Intel(R) RST 13.0.0.2075 RAID driver". See pic.

I can't find Rapid Storage Technology on my PC once Windows load up.  Should I have it?

Everything runs great so I don't want to do anything with the drivers.

Thanks!

Jim

0 Kudos
6 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

No, you need to install the RST driver package provided by your motherboard manufacturer.

...S

0 Kudos
JimSmith2023
Beginner

Thanks for the reply.

I tried to install from the Asus disk and website several time but I keep getting the error:

The following application requires Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5:Intel Rapid Storage Technology. 

I checked in the registry and it shows 461814 which should be 4.7.2,  See pic.

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel

Hello, @JimSmith2023

I would like to jump here to give some information and recommendations. 

The error you are getting is related to the OS, we recommend you to make sure all OS updates are installed and verify if Intel® RST is active in BIOS. 

In any case, as Mr. Scott recommended, you need to install an Intel® RST driver from your Computer Manufacturer, and if the RAID was set up through BIOS, you need to contact your Computer Manufacturer for support. Otherwise, you need to contact Microsoft for further assistance. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

You can download Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 from here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30653.

...S

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel

Hello, @JimSmith2023 .   

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us back if you do. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel

Hello, @JimSmith2023.   

We have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos