Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2055 Discussions

Ssd is not detected in windows installation

Frankd
Beginner
Hi everyone,
I just bought a Asus F15 2021 FX506HCB, the computer came without So installed.
I am trying to install win 11 and win 10 but I got same issue, the windows installation don't see any disk to install the SO, the PC comes with solid disk Intel SSDPEKNU512GZ.
I tried to format the disk from the CMD using a USB bootable but when I do a "List disk" command the disk is not appearing, but if I check from the bios it is detected, I have Asus bios utility version 2.20.0049, so I was checking the SSD from the Bios and it detects the SSD as a Non-raid physical disk.

Do you know what I can do to install the windows?

Thanks a lot!
Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Frankd
Beginner
Solved it, if someone has same issue and similar Bios there is the name of the driver, after so many tries I found the correct one and now I could install windows

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Frankd
Beginner
Solved it, if someone has same issue and similar Bios there is the name of the driver, after so many tries I found the correct one and now I could install windows
0 Kudos
IvoMinchev
Beginner

Man, just leave the proper driver ot link... Probably there other similar situatuations.

0 Kudos
playfox
Beginner

Good afternoon, Frank.

It's been almost a year and the problem still exists.
Can you suggest the correct driver?
ASUS X515EA-BQ322
Model name: INTEL SSDPEKNU512GZ
Device type: NVMe SSD (512.1GB)

Thanks in advance.
Stanislav. Kazakhstan. Almaty

<email removed>

0 Kudos
IvoMinchev
Beginner

I solved my problem. The ORIGINAL box of the laptop has a QR code which guide you the ONLY correct driver. If you don't have your box you're lost. I beleive this can be sloved by contacting the support of the maker. 

Here is mine. Hope it helps.

viber_image_2023-02-16_12-42-16-520.jpg

0 Kudos