Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2047 Discussions

The SSD Raid Array in my HP SpectreXT TouchSmart PC lost configuration after crash while installing a Windows 10 build. How can I reconfigure it to use it as intended as cache?

LufiG
Beginner

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel

LufiG, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In reference to this scenario, I was checking HP's web site to confirm which operating systems were validated by them to work with your specific laptop and actually, the HP SpectreXT TouchSmart PC was validated to work with Windows* 8.1 64-bit as you can confirm in the following link:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Spectre-XT-15-Ultrabook/5296019/model/5333249

So, when you install a different Operating System like Windows* 10 that was not validated by HP, not only you will not find drivers for it but also you might get this kind of problems with the platform.

At this point, the best thing to do will be to get in contact directly with HP for them to further assist you with this matter.

Regards,

Alberto R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
LufiG
Beginner

​Alberto:

Many thanks for your prompt reply.

You are correct, the laptop came with Windows 8.1, and it worked fine, as it did the first years with Windows 10, until the unfortunate crash when installing one of the builds about a year ago.  HP even helped me recover my laptop.

I would only like to know if there are any instructions to reconfigure the array into one unit to recover the 30GB cache.  For all I can tell, the driver is working fine, I just need to reconfigure the drive.

Thanks again for your help,

Luis F.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

LufiG, You are very welcome, thank you very much for letting us know those details.

In this case, we recommend first of all to back up all the important information that you might have on the system before trying any changes on the computer.

Just to confirm, what were the steps or what were the changes that you did on the PC for the array to get misconfigured?

Which is the Intel® RST version that is currently installed in your platform?

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos
LufiG
Beginner

​Alberto:

Ever since the last crash I keep almost everything in an eternal drive, but I will backkup the drive anyway.

I used to be a Fast Ring insider until the crash that misconfigured the array.  To recover my laptop I had to do a clean installation of Windows 10, and since then I stepped back to the Slow Ring.  The array was misconfigured after the clean installation. 

The RST Version is 15.2.0.1020

Best Regards,

Luis F.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

LufiG, Thank you very much for providing that information.

Based on the information provided, if the laptop contains a hard drive and a 30GB SSD to accelerate it, in order to enable the cache acceleration basically what you need to do is open the Intel® RST application, then look for the "Performance" tab and select "Enable Acceleration".

I sent you an email, requesting personal information, please verify your inbox.

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

LufiG, I just wanted to check if you received the email and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

LufiG, Just to let you know, if the problem persists after following the troubleshooting steps provided in the email, then the next thing to do will be to get in contact directly with HP for them to provide further assistance on this matter:

https://support.hp.com/us-en

Or you can also get in contact directly with Microsoft to report this scenario and to confirm if they have any additional solution for it:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

LufiG, I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

LufiG, Since I have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, just reply back or post a new question.

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos