Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2047 Discussions

The Windows Store RST app wont start on Windows 10 Enterprise x64. RST Won't recognise RAID5 configured in BIOS.

GClow
Beginner

I have tried adding the logged in user to have Full Control over the 3 Intel folders in the \WindowsApps folder. This didn't help.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. Download Intel RST Driver and unzip it on your drive. Right click on iaStorAC.inf and select install from drop down menu. Reboot your computer
  2. Try again to run the Intel Optane Memory and Management.

Leon

GClow
Beginner

I ran an experiment by logging in as a Local Admin account, the Store app runs OK. So there is some bad coding in there somewhere that prevents it running when logged on as a non-Admin and passing in admin credentials at run time. I think this needs to be sorted out.

However, now that I have the app running, it is not showing the RAID5 I have configured in the [Ctrl-I] BIOS-based Intel RAID setup. I configured 4x 4TB drives to be a RAID 5 array. As you can see in the screen shots in the attached doc, all the 'volume type' options are greyed out & unselectable. The older Win-32 app is also not showing the RAID as configured.

Windows and the Intel driver seem to be treating the drives as JBOD, and ignoring the RAID config I’ve done in the BIOS.

Please see the attached doc for screen shots.

0 Kudos
AdrianM_Intel

Hello GClow,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

Are you still facing this behavior? if yes please provide us the following report.

Please run the following tool and attach the report generated. 

1. Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) 

• Intel® SSU Download link 
  • Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View". 
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View". 
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".

Please generate a report from the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology. 

• Open the Intel Rapid Storage Technology user interface (Start > Programs > Intel > Intel® Rapid Storage Technology). 
  • Click the Help icon. 
  • Click the System Report icon. 
  • Click Save. 
  • Attach the report to the thread. 

Regards,

Adrian M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
GClow
Beginner

I have a support case open for this now. See 04616625.

Thanks,

G.

0 Kudos
AdrianM_Intel

Hello GClow,

Thank you for your reply.

We will close this thread to avoid duplicate cases, the case will be handled internally.

Regards,

Adrian M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos