Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2055 Discussions

The question about the differences driver versions.

AS_1
Beginner

What are the different versions of Intel RST RAID drivers with different release dates that are downloaded from the page https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/55005 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/55005 , placed in the archive and used for operating system installation? For example, what is different from the version 13.2.4.1000 compared of new versions?

Сообщение отредактировано: Aleksandr S.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello PeterNT,

As you can see from the link you provided there are a lot of versions, and each version contains its own Read Me and Release Notes files. Each of these files contain the information you are looking for, within you will find resolved issues, supported hardware, revision history, supported operating systems, terminology and known issues, these are basically the differences between each version.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
AS_1
Beginner

By mistake installed the old version during the installation (1 August 2014). Therefore, I wonder whether it makes sense to install a newer version for better performance of RAID volume?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

/thread/111320 PeterNT, could please let me know what is the version that you currently have installed? Also, let me know your computer model and operating system. With this, I would like to check if there is some information about performance improvement for drivers corresponding to your system configuration.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
AS_1
Beginner

Installed Driver 13.2.4.1000. Motherboard - Z77A-GD55. Discs - WD7500azex (2 pieces). Operating system is Windows Server 2008 R2.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thanks for the information.

I have checked that the current Intel® RST version you have installed is the latest for your computer model, so I regret to inform that it will no be feasible to update it searching for a performance improvement.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

/thread/111320 PeterNT if there is something else I can help you with, please let me know.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos