Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2047 Discussions

Unable to Install RST on fresh Windows 11 OS on 12th Gen Intel

formula2
Beginner

Just finished upgrading my motherboard and CPU to Alder Lake (12600K) with a new hard drive and fresh Windows 12 install. I was planning on utilizing IRST to RAID my hard drives, but when I tried to install the drivers using InstallerVersion 19.0.0.49, I get an error message 1603 saying my platform is unsupported. 

I have attached my SetupRST.log. Thank you for any help in advance!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
JosueO_Intel

Hello formula2, 

Thank you for the information provided, in this case, the "SATA mode" in BIOS must be set to Intel RST/RAID mode before installing the operating system, the Intel RST driver is not compatible with AHCI mode.

If these options are not available, please review the platform documentation or check with the manufacturer to confirm the appropriate configuration. 

Changing this setting will require reinstalling the OS, please backup any information you need before performing these steps. 

Once finished this process, please try installing Intel® RST using the drivers provided by the motherboard manufacturer. 

Regards, 

Josue O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
JosueO_Intel

Hello

Thank you for posting on the Intel communities. In order to have a better understanding of the issue, please share with us the following information: 

1. Motherboard model.
  2. Have you tried using the drivers provided by the motherboard manufacturer?
  3. Is the system installed in SATA mode or in RAID mode?

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
formula2
Beginner

Hi Josue,

1. MSI Tomahawk Z690 DDR4

2. I have tried drivers provided by the motherboard manufacturer as well as ones provided by Intel.

3. System is currently installed in SATA mode and I wanted to install RST in order to RAID some older HDDs in my computer.

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello formula2, 

Thank you for the information provided, in this case, the "SATA mode" in BIOS must be set to Intel RST/RAID mode before installing the operating system, the Intel RST driver is not compatible with AHCI mode.

If these options are not available, please review the platform documentation or check with the manufacturer to confirm the appropriate configuration. 

Changing this setting will require reinstalling the OS, please backup any information you need before performing these steps. 

Once finished this process, please try installing Intel® RST using the drivers provided by the motherboard manufacturer. 

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello formula2, 

We noticed you marked our post as the solution, we would like to ask if you need further assistance from us.   

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
formula2
Beginner
0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello formula2, 

Thank you for the quick response, I am glad to hear that the information provided was useful.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos