Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2055 Discussions

Unable to update Intel RST to its latest version

ALeza
Beginner

Hello,

I have a trouble with Intel RST when I try to update it to its latest version. When trying to update to the version proposed by my computer constructor (this one: https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/drivers/driversdetails?driverId=PFJ82&osCode=&productCode=inspiron-15-5559-laptop&lwp=rt), the installation fails (See logs as attached files).

I have tried using Intel drivers assistant to perform the update, but I hadn't more success.

I tried to uninstall Intel RST to reinstall it again with its last version, but the uninstall failed saying "The installation source is not available. Please verify that the source exist and you have access to it."

I suspect it may be caused by a bad previous installation.

How can I repare this issue?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello ALeza Thank you for posting in the Intel Community. You can try the generic Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) on your system (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/55005/Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Intel-RST-) these drivers versions have to be installed according to the your system configuration (the driver version has to be compatible with the OS version/build and the Intel® chipset) the details about the driver comparability are included on readme and release notes for each driver version. In reference to the error that you are facing during the installation of Intel® RST provided by the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) our recommendation is to report this issue with the system manufacturer. Hope this helps. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
ALeza
Beginner

Hello LeoC_Intel,

In the meantime, Dell's support helped me to install to good driver manually.

The user interface is still outdated, tough, but at least it is way less critical.

Is it preferable to keep it like it is now, as the generic drivers description suggests to favorise system provider's proposed drivers,

or should I try the generic driver version 15.9.0.1015 (since I can't find any download link on the 16.8.0.1000 page)?

In all cases, thank you for your answer.

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello ALeza We recommend the use of the drivers provided by OEM since these drivers are configure by the OEM to their design/configuration. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos