Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2046 Discussions

What can I do to fix my HDD than just suppress the smart event?

QRoth
Beginner

I have been getting alert notifications from the RST that my HDD is a risk of having a smart event failure. What can I do besides suppress it?

0 Kudos
20 Replies
RAJU2529
New Contributor III

share the alert messages here , run smart check up to HDD

0 Kudos
Diego_S_Intel
Employee
Hello QRoth, We just wanted to double check if you still need further assistance. Please don’t hesitate on contacting us back. I hope to hear from you soon. Diego S. Intel (R) Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation
0 Kudos
QRoth
Beginner
Thank you for contacting me, yes I still need assistance. Sent from Mail for Windows 10
0 Kudos
Diego_S_Intel
Employee
Hello QRoth, Thank you for your response. In order for me to assist you better, please provide me with the .txt file that the System Support Utility will generate. To attach a file, you must click the “Attach” option on the bottom right-hand corner of the response box. Here is the download link: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- Also can you please provide me with the current Intel (r) RST version that you are running? Is there any other performance issue or error that need to be considered? Diego S. Intel (R) Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation
0 Kudos
QRoth
Beginner
I am using version 14.8.0.1042 Sent from Mail for Windows 10
0 Kudos
Diego_S_Intel
Employee
Hello QRoth, Thank you for your response. Thank you for the information provided. I am currently waiting for your report in order to gather more information regarding your issue. I hope to hear from you soon. Diego S. Intel (R) Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation
0 Kudos
QRoth
Beginner
Hi sorry for the late response, I thought I had sent it but I guess it didn’t. I am using version 14.8.0.1042 Sent from Mail for Windows 10
0 Kudos
Diego_S_Intel
Employee
Hello QRoth, Thank you for your response. In this case, the report that we are looking is the .txt file that the System Support Utility will generate. You can generate it here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- I hope to hear from you soon. Diego S. Intel (R) Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation
0 Kudos
QRoth
Beginner
I am a little confused as to where I find the file, so I have attached what I think is the TXT file that was made when I saved the scan on step 3. If this is not what you are looking for please give me instructions on how to get the .TXT file. Sent from Mail for Windows 10
0 Kudos
Diego_S_Intel
Employee
Hello QRoth, Thank you for your response. After generating the report, you can choose where to save it in your computer (desktop, downloads etc.) When uploading it, choose the folder where you saved it and then attach it. I hope to hear from you soon. Diego S. Intel (R) Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation
0 Kudos
Diego_S_Intel
Employee
Hello QRoth, We just wanted to double check if you still need further assistance. Please don’t hesitate on contacting us back. I hope to hear from you soon. Diego S. Intel (R) Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation
0 Kudos
QRoth
Beginner
Sorry for not contacting you but in my current situation I won’t be able to get back to you with the information needed until Monday, thank you for wating. Sent from Mail for Windows 10
0 Kudos
Diego_S_Intel
Employee
Hello QRoth, I understand, I will wait for your report. I hope to hear from you soon. Diego S. Intel (R) Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation
0 Kudos
Diego_S_Intel
Employee
Hello QRoth, We just wanted to double check if you still need further assistance. I hope to hear from you soon. Diego S. Intel (R) Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation
0 Kudos
QRoth
Beginner
Yes I do, I emailed you about a month ago but you never replied. Maybe it didn’t go threw but I am sure it was sent. I am pretty sure I have been doing this correctly after reading those clear instructions. Here is the TXT file. If I am still doing it incorrectly than it is either a glitch or I am missing something. If this isn’t it should I submit the generated results to the costumer support sight. Sent from Mail for Windows 10
0 Kudos
Diego_S_Intel
Employee
Hello QRoth, Thank you for your response. In this case, SMART events is a HDD or SSD feature combined with motherboard BIOS. This will report any Hdd issues or failure and if you have RST installed, all reporting will be handled by this tool. We strongly recommend you to run the diagnostic tools your system drive manufacturer. If the drives are on RAID mode, they need to reset drives to Non Raid and run diagnostics. They do not read volumes, that is why they need to be removed from Raid mode. As shared before we have not received the information requested from previous posts, if it is necessary after the information that we just shared, please feel free to try to submit it again. I hope this helps. Diego S. Intel (R) Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation
0 Kudos
QRoth
Beginner
Thanks for the new information, could you go more in depth on how to run the diagnostic tools and where to fine them. Regarding the txt. File, is a file showing up and it’s just the wrong file or is no file being sent at all. Thank you for your time and I hope to hear from you soon. Sent from Mail for Windows 10
0 Kudos
Diego_S_Intel
Employee
Hello QRoth, Thank you for your response. In this case, the tools in order to run the test on the drives will be provided by your drive manufacturer. Depending on the manufacturer, the tool might change. We strongly recommend you to contact the manufacturer of your devices in order to get the right tool. I hope this helps. Diego Sanchez Campos. Intel (R)Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation
0 Kudos
Diego_S_Intel
Employee
Hello QRoth, I was checking your case and I would like to know if you still need help? Please do not hesitate in replying to post Best regards, Diego S. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
QRoth
Beginner
I do not think I need assistance anymore, I will follow your instructions and contact you if I need anymore help. Thank you. Sent from Mail for Windows 10
0 Kudos