Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2055 Discussions

When I try to update "Rapid Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST)" I get a fatal error.. Any idea what is causing this issue? I have never had any issues updating my system..

KMac1969
Beginner

My System Info:

Samsung Spin

Windows 10 Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362

System Model 740U3M

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7200U CPU @ 2.50GHz, 2712 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

BaseBoard Product NP740U3M-K01US

Model Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB

This is the update I try to install:

Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) User Interface and Driver for Intel® 7th/8th Generation Platforms Latest version: 16.8.2.1002Installed Version: 15.9.0.1015 Update available

0 Kudos
9 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Try completely uninstalling the existing version (from Apps and Features, NOT Device Manager!!) before attempting to install the new version.

H​ope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
KMac1969
Beginner

Well, I tried and I got this error:

0 Kudos
KMac1969
Beginner

And just for clarification, this is when I tried to uninstall the file..

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Sounds like you've got something corrupted. I can't help you with this today; you'll have to wait for the support folks to return on Monday.

S​orry

...S

0 Kudos
KMac1969
Beginner

Thanks.. I appreciate your attempt anyway.. It's weird.. It basically is saying that the file path/source doesn't exist.. Strange..

0 Kudos
KMac1969
Beginner

Thanks.. I will try it and report back.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

It looks like an uninstall only partially​ worked. Intel Customer Support will need to walk you through manual cleanup.

...S

0 Kudos
KMac1969
Beginner

Yeah, I just don't know.. I have never encountered anything like this.. This started about 3-4 months ago.. It started with my Samsung Updater.. There are 3 different Intel items that wouldn't update.. So, I went to Intel and downloaded the Intel Assistant.. Ran the scan and it had failures trying to do it as well.. Like I replied to you, I can't even uninstall it without a failure.

I wonder if it's associated with the new windows 10 update they rolled out?? I checked and didn't see any known issues with this particular issue..

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

KMac1969, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

Based on the picture provided previously and as stated in the thread, it seems to be there might be something corrupted either with the files of the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology application or with Windows* itself.

You mentioned that the problem started with your Samsung Updater, just to confirm, if you run that tool again, do you get any options to install updates related to the Intel® RST? If you do, please install them and then try to uninstall the application.

We recommend to install the Intel® RST version provided and validated by the manufacturer of the computer since that version was customized by them work with your specific platform.

I looked in Samsung's web site, so we can try to install the Intel® RST version provided by them to see if the source file gets installed that way, then we can try to completely uninstall the application and re-install the latest version, but for some reason, the NP740U3M notebook is not showing, it only shows NP740U3E, here is the link in the case you want to run the updates:

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/downloads/computing/windows-laptops

Since the updates offered on Samsung's web site belong to a different model of laptop, we cannot confirm they will work with your system, so the best thing to do will be to get in contact directly with Samsung for them to validate those details and for them to provide further assistance on this matter:

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/

Regards,

Alberto R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos