Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2055 Discussions

Where is log and result of Raid Veryfication for actual IRST Rev.:18.36.1.1016?

PitKoz
Beginner

Click to expand Click to expand Memory & Storage category Click to collapse Memory & Storage categoryThe pic shows one Raid verification finished and the other almost ended,

There is no link nor pop-up about results of this process.

Where can I find it? (Rev.:18.36.1.1016)

Historically, saying there was only pop-up in older version (rev.:15)  about how many errors were found.

The verification process was really destructive, especially for media files.

And there is big incompatibility of IRST Raid disks and Malwarebytes. When Mb is removing any suspected file, it is probably removed in raw processing of data. (I was trying to talk with them about this, but they play fool, and do not understand that it is existing problem); This process removes only from one of mirror disk and this makes disk erroneous and scanned by IRST and system Windows generating further errors in files. (I will know/monitor if it happens with new driver, and will update it here)

0 Kudos
21 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello PitKoz,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST).

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. Can you provide more details about the issue?

2. What is the brand and model name of your motherboard?

3. What is the operating system installed as well as the version and build?

4. Did you update your BIOS?

5. Are you using the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) version from the Intel website or from the motherboard manufacturer's site?

6. What is your CPU model name?

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
PitKoz
Beginner

My dear,

this issue is completely not related to hardware!

I know the "IT Staff" and your question is coming exactly from this source.

It is related to Malwarebytes.

I can not investigate what is the way they delete any files during their removal, but the result was always Raid Array (any level) error

and verification of it, which was not nicely provided as files were getting corrupted, especially JPG (and other pictures)and any video files.

Which type of archive my IRST is the most used for.

For the time waste, I will never be reimbursed from Malwarebytes. Finally, I invented the way to avoid it > delete those designated to be deleted files manually.

I have a great history of conversation with their unqualified staff and final refusal of any cooperation.

My question is simple: where is the log from verifying Array, and where is the list of errors and applied repairs?

I had some time ago in frequent use SCSI ADAPTEC 360 with RAID 10 RAID 0 AND RAID 1 in my old workstation, ALWAYS HAD detailed REPORT FROM SCANNING CONSISTENCY of array and never lost single file there, still have this old PC and keep there the oldest archives of my Architectural and industrial design works and projects.

The pc now is the User Configuration:

CPU: Intel Core i9-11900K
GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080-Ti
SSD: Samsung 990 Pro NVMe PCIe M.2 2TB
SSD: Crucial P3 2TB M.2 PCIe Gen3 NVMe
HDD: Seagate ST2000VM003-1CT164 2TB
HDD: WD WD10EURX 1TB - 46.3%
HDD: Seagate ST2000VM003-1CT164 2TB - 57.4%
HDD: WD WD10EURX 1TB - 33.3%
Intel Raid 1: 1TB
Intel Raid 1: 2TB
RAM: Corsair CMT64GX4M4K3600C18 4x16GB - 114.4%
MBD: Gigabyte GA-Z590 VISION D

Gigabyte is not providing UI for IRST, so all is from Intel sources.

For final, I get you quote from Malwarebytes conversation:

"Hello,

I haven't heard from you in several days; please let me know if your issue is resolved or if you need further assistance. If I don't hear back from you in a couple of days, your ticket will be set to solved.

Thanks!

Tim
Malwarebytes Consumer Support

Tim (Support)

Jun 10, 2021, 13:01 PDT

Hi,

That does not exist in any of your emails.

If you'd like help with this issue, or you want me to report this to our QA/Development team, then I need the information I requested. Please follow the instructions when you have time.

To help troubleshoot the issue, run the Malwarebytes Support Tool to gather information from your computer. The Malwarebytes Support Tool collects log information to determine the cause of the issue.

To run the tool and upload logs to your support ticket, see the following: 

When prompted, enter your email address: xxx@xxx.xx and ticket number: 3437440

If you need help or if you run into any issues while using the support tool, please let me know.

Best Regards,

Tim E. | Malwarebytes Support | support.malwarebytes.com

Imagine a world without malware. We do.

OK, I am still on this subject,

Will send you a copy of a previous ticket of the same issue.

I am really disappointed that with new release of Malwarebytes you again made the same error and

it resulted with damaging integrity of the Intel memory management system Raids...

Intel raid systems are not perfect too, especially comparing them to SCSI or SAS by Adaptec systems which were pushed out from market by aggressive marketing of greedy Corporations.

I still have a 15 YO Workstation with 3 TB storage on Adaptec system. And all my really important archives there are safe, intact and never destroyed by any accidental power down nor failure of member disk. It is contrary to Intel Rapid storage Technology and with Intel there are plenty of errors coming with each verification especially on big files with JPG/TIFF or any film format...

This is really significant how "Fenitian law about currency" is working nowadays on the computer systems.

Worse systems are pushing out better ones from circulation.

I always treated you as professional, but it seems I have to revise my opinion."

I was sending useless reports several times to them according to this instruction:

"To run the tool and upload logs to your support ticket, see the following:
· Upload logs to your ticket using the Malwarebytes Support Tool for Windows

When prompted, enter your email address: xxxx@xxxx.xx and ticket number: 3437440"

I hope you are not only first line IT of client contact.

PS.: attached RST 15.xx.xx screens of the error and results from referred interaction with Malwarebytes.

Eng. PitKoz

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello PitKoz, 

Thank you for the information provided 

I will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details.

Our support is only provided in English. We may not be able to translate the screenshots attached to the thread. To better assist you, we use a translation tool, hence; the translation may not be completely accurate.  

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
PitKoz
Beginner

Believe me, there is no need to translate anything if it is seen by someone who knows some version of IRST interface...

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello PitKoz, 

Thanks for your patience. Based on the screenshots shared, that is for an old version of the user interface. 

I noticed that the screenshot from the first post is the current tool and he can get the logs in the following location:

• \Users\<User>\AppData\Local\Packages\AppUp.IntelOptaneMemoryandStorageManagemt

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
PitKoz
Beginner

%systemdisk%\Users\<Me>\AppData\Local\Packages\AppUp.IntelOptaneMemoryandStorageManagemt +_xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

No such directory, something is there but, under different name:

AppUp.IntelOptaneMemoryandStorageManagement_8j3eq9eme6ctt

and where is LOG from repair/check?

PitKoz_0-1684599411784.png

there was 2 verification since beginning of 1 May,

there is only one log in Local State about starting and closing Optane IRST but nothing about scan:

Attached.

There was Verification due to Malwarebytes removed spyware:

PitKoz_0-1688221231688.png

Where can I see which files were corrected/deleted/repaired directed to trash or whatsoever...

0 Kudos
PitKoz
Beginner

As above:

where is it?

\Users\<User>\AppData\Local\Packages\AppUp.IntelOptaneMemoryandStorageManagemt

Definitively and surely and as expected… Not in my PC!

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello PitKoz,  

After checking your thread, I would like to know if you need further assistance. 

If so, please let me know. 

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
PitKoz
Beginner

Thank you , was sooooooo busy recently had no chance to check your direction, please wait a bit more

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello PitKoz, 

Thanks for the confirmation. I understand that you will need more time to try the recommendation provided. I will be waiting for your next response.

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

0 Kudos
PitKoz
Beginner

I completely do not understand the level of security you provide there....

I was answering this 3 times already and none answer was reflected in this

thread.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello PitKoz, 

I am sorry to know that you are having additional issues with the support. Can you confirm if you were able to find the information needed at the location provided?

• \Users\<User>\AppData\Local\Packages\AppUp.IntelOptaneMemoryandStorageManagemt

Are you experiencing any other issues?

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

0 Kudos
PitKoz
Beginner

OK, I Have the next issue:

(the previous is not sorted at all, will come back to it later)

Yesterday all was working fine, there is this morning issue, all the time Bluetooth and Wi-Fi and those LAN cards are fighting each other in system.

What is the purpose for this fight, why those drivers from Intel are not cooperating properly?

intelligence.JPG

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello PitKoz, 

Thanks for the confirmation. Just to confirm, the location provided (\Users\<User>\AppData\Local\Packages\AppUp.IntelOptaneMemoryandStorageManagemt) did not have the information that you were looking for, is that right?

I recommend you try a clean installation of the driver from the Gigabyte site.

If the issue persists, try to get in contact with Gigabyte for further information related to the LAN drivers.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello PitKoz, 

I reviewed your post, please let me know if the issue was resolved, if not, do not hesitate, just reply back with the following information: 

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello PitKoz, 

I was checking your thread and see that we have not heard back from you.  

I’m going to close your post, but if you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to create a new thread. 

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
PitKoz
Beginner

I have too many issues with Intel and Gigabyte to make this PC work, so have completely no time to continue the issue with Intel Rapid Storage. Will come to this later:

Here is a new subject which is bothering me now.

https://community.intel.com/t5/oneAPI-Registration-Download/This-device-cannot-start-Code-10-Insufficient-system-resources/m-p/1496382/emcs_t/S2h8ZW1haWx8dG9waWNfc3Vic2NyaXB0aW9ufExJWTlMSU02N1dFOTJQfDE0OTYzODJ8U1VCU0NSSVBUSU9OU3xoSw#M5353

IDK why it is so badly designed to not work easy and not tested before deployment.

You guys expect something like one from HDD/SSD/M.2 one keyboard, one mouse one GPU preferably from CPU and Motherboard with big PSU.

When PC build is more complicated, it never works nowadays.

0 Kudos
PitKoz
Beginner

I have finally finished pathetic cooperation with Gigabyte and replaced ram and motherboard and finally all works perfect.

PitKoz_1-1688221679188.png

No more jokes...

So I am back to our sheep....

Where is result log for repairing/scanning raids?

0 Kudos
PitKoz
Beginner

PitKoz_0-1690239440875.png

0 Kudos
PitKoz
Beginner

So now we have occasion to check the log:

So where is it, and how shall I read it?

This post and website i s not optimized for Firefox, so please do this

if you like too many cookies and tracking, do it for those who do not understand it and still use MS.

0 Kudos