Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2055 Discussions

Why Intel D n S Assistant is suggesting me to install the Intel RST when I dont have Octane?

GermanEPP
Beginner

Hello Intel, just a regular customer here,

I already uninstalled RST since I don't have any SSD nor additional disk to RAID, just a Western Digital HDD 1T 5400rpm. I can relate this somehow with a windows driver update that replaces Standard AHCI with the 6th generation core processor family platform I/O SATA/AHCI controller. I have a core i5 7th gen to begin with. I would like to know if the RST has other functionalities than just RAID. thanks in advance. here my general spec, I have not changed any hardware.

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Version 10.0.19042 Build 19042
System Model HP Laptop 17-bs0xx
System Type x64-based PC
System SKU 2MD20EA#ABF
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7200U CPU @ 2.50GHz, 2712 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical 
BIOS Version/Date Insyde F.06, 6/6/2017
SMBIOS Version 3.0
Embedded Controller Version 49.35
BIOS Mode UEFI
BaseBoard Manufacturer HP
BaseBoard Product 833A
BaseBoard Version 49.35
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "10.0.19041.844"

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Maria_R_Intel

Hello GermanEPP,

Thank you for posting on the Intel* Community.

The main purpose of the Intel* RST tool is to create and monitoring RAID Array configurations, we do not recommend the installation if you will not use RAID, also, it will not impact your system performance. Usually, IDSA shows the update when your system is in mode "AHCI" in the BIOS.

If you want to look for more information about the Intel* RST Technology, please visit the following website: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/rapid-storage-technology.html

Also, if you don't want to install it, you can hide the IDSA notification:

Best regards, 

Maria R.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Maria_R_Intel

Hello GermanEPP,

Thank you for posting on the Intel* Community.

The main purpose of the Intel* RST tool is to create and monitoring RAID Array configurations, we do not recommend the installation if you will not use RAID, also, it will not impact your system performance. Usually, IDSA shows the update when your system is in mode "AHCI" in the BIOS.

If you want to look for more information about the Intel* RST Technology, please visit the following website: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/rapid-storage-technology.html

Also, if you don't want to install it, you can hide the IDSA notification:

Best regards, 

Maria R.  

Maria_R_Intel

Hello GermanEPP,

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let me know if you need more assistance.

Best regards, 

Maria R.  

GermanEPP
Beginner
Thank you Maria, I unistalled it, I'll uninstall the assistant and check it periodically since I'm trying to economize the boot as much as possible. This is not a fast disk. Have a good day.
0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello GermanEPP,

Thank you for let us know!

Since the thread is now solved, I will proceed to close it. If you need further assistance, please open a new thread.

Best regards,

Maria R.

0 Kudos