Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2055 Discussions

Windows 10 BSOD - KERNEL_MODE_HEAP_CORRUPTION - iaStorAC - again

Sheldon
Beginner

After working okay for while, the computer has crashed again.

KERNEL_MODE_HEAP_CORRUPTION (13a)
The kernel mode heap manager has detected corruption in a heap.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000011, Type of corruption detected
Arg2: ffffb08941402100, Address of the heap that reported the corruption
Arg3: ffffb0896e566200, Address at which the corruption was detected
Arg4: 0000000000000000

SYMBOL_NAME: iaStorAC+b3bf4

MODULE_NAME: iaStorAC

IMAGE_NAME: iaStorAC.sys

STACK_COMMAND: .thread ; .cxr ; kb

The crashing is random after being on for a few days.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Sheldon
Beginner

I noticed ASUS has updated the drivers, Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology Driver Software V17.9.4.1017 For Windows 10 64bit. So I will install them as I was using 17.9.0.1007.

Do you know what was changed in 17.9.4.1017?

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello Sheldon,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. 

We understand that you are experiencing some crashes related to the Intel® RST in your device.

Do you have any update after installing the driver 17.9.4.1017? Do you still getting the BSOD?

I noticed that you are working with an OEM device, in this case an ASUS* system.

The drivers provided by the manufacturer may have some customizations or altered features depending on the platform design.

Therefore, more information about the new features of this driver release may be provided by ASUS*

I would appreciate if you could provide your system mode, and page where you download the driver and I can check that for you.

Esteban D.

Intel Technical Support Technician  

0 Kudos
Sheldon
Beginner

I have just installed the driver, so it will take a few days before I know if it resolved the issue.

On a side note, I have Windows Server 2019 using the older driver without any issues.

The system mode is RAID

The drivers is from https://www.asus.com/ca-en/Motherboards/TUF-GAMING-Z490-PLUS-WI-FI/HelpDesk_Download/

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello Sheldon,

Thank you for your response.

Please keep testing your computer with the driver 17.9.4.1017 for a few days, and let me know if the BSOD error disappeared.

No additional information about the differences between the previous driver version and driver 17.9.4.1017 is provided in the ASUS* website.

I would think that they performed security updates, bug fixes, among others.

You may want to check with them for more information about the new release.

Additionally, I would recommend using the same website to install any other updates required by the system in order to keep the unit up to date and in top performance.

Esteban D.

0 Kudos
Sheldon
Beginner

So far, the computer is working okay, however it is very random and could be a while before I know it if resolved the issue.

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello Sheldon,

I understand, I would recommend keep using the computer with the driver updated provided by the Original Equipment Manufacturer.

If the error message reappears do not hesitate in providing an update or posting a new question with an updated SSU and a picture of the error message.

That being said, as at the moment the computer is working fine we will proceed to close this inquiry.  

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored  

Esteban D.  

0 Kudos