Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2055 Discussions

Would someone be able to tell me which specific RST driver is needed for my system, please?

KAlba
Beginner

I would like to install the Rapid Storage Technology driver update that will allow the current Windows 10 update to install. However, I am not certain which of the three is correct for my system.  Which is:

Dell Inspiron 5567, Intel i5, 7th generation, 64 bit (currently shows RST driver version 15.2.0.1020).

Device Manager -> Disk Drive lists SK hynix SC311 SATA 256GB (not Optane).

I checked the Rapid Storage Technology status and Optane is not listed there either.

A search in the PC files turns up two Optane listings: 1) Optane.dll; and, 2) OptaneEventLogMsg.dll.

Am I correct to use f6flpy-x64.zip?

I am aware of the need to change the iStora.sys file name, but any other helpful information relating to the driver installation would be much appreciated!

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

KAlba, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

We recommend to install the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology driver provided by the manufacturer of the computer since that driver was customized by them work with your specific platform.

I looked on Dell's web site and the Intel® RST version validated by them is 15.2.0.1020, A00:

https://www.dell.com/support/home/bg/en/bgbsdt1/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=D2JVJ&oscode=WT64A&productcode=inspiron-15-5567-laptop

As an option, we can always try to install the Intel® RST generic driver version 15.9.6.1044, but just to let you know, since it is generic this version might or might not work with your platform:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28656/Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Intel-RST-User-Interface-and-Driver

Please visit the following link in order to gather further details about the iastora.sys error message:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000055130/technologies/intel-rapid-storage-technology-intel-rst.html

Regards,

Alberto R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

KAlba
Beginner

Thank you very much! I tried many times to locate the Dell version but was unable to & since my warranty is out they would not even tell me (😣) which one I need. I will give your supplied Dell link a try (probably not until tonight, though, when I will have more time) & let you know how it goes.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

KAlba, You are very welcome, thank you very much for letting us know those details.

Perfect, no problem at all, take your time and once you get the chance please let us know the results of installing the Intel® RST version provided by Dell.

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

KAlba, I just wanted to check if you were able to install the Intel® RST version provided by Dell and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos
KAlba
Beginner
I am very sorry. I have not been able to try the fix yet. I have a serious family emergency that arose, the night that I was going to try the fix, and had to leave. I have not been home since. Will the forum thread remain available so I can try it when I am able to return home? Thank you!
0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hi KAlba, No problem at all, thank you very much for sharing that information.

Yes, of course, the thread will remain available for you for as long as is needed.

Just to let you know, I will do a follow up on this case in a couple of days.

I hope everything is fine with your family, take your time and once you have the chance please let us know the results.

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

KAlba, I just wanted to check if you were able to do the test with the Intel® RST validated by Dell?

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

KAlba, I just wanted to let you know that if the problem remains with the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology driver version provided by Dell, then please install version: 15.9.8.1050, that is the version recommended for this scenario as it was described in the link provided previously:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28997/Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Intel-RST-User-Interface-and-Driver

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos
KAlba
Beginner

Mister Alberto,

I apologize for the sizable delay in responding. I have just returned, for a short time, and will have a couple of days to try and get this issue figured out - and hopefully resolved!

I clicked on the link provided in your earlier reply (for version: 15.9.8.1050) and was directed to Driver 17.5.2.1024 (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29007/Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Intel-RST-User-Interface-and-Driver?v=t), which is fine. However, I am not certain which download on the left hand side I should use, or, should I use all three?

Please advise when time allows.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
KAlba
Beginner

Mister Alberto,

I realized, after I sent the last message, that I was looking at the Intel link and not the Dell link in your first response. I was able to download from the Dell link and am awaiting the Windows 10 update attempt. Once it has run again I will update this thread to confirm either success or failure (hopefully success!).

0 Kudos
KAlba
Beginner

UPDATE:

I was able to install the Windows 10 1903 update successfully, after having installed the Dell version of the RST driver.

One note though. I saw on another online post to be very careful and be certain that the iaStorA.sys file is not being used as one could end up with a blue screen/error on restart. I did some searching and could not find that it was being used on my particular computer so I proceeded with the name change to iaStorA.sys_OLD. The Windows 10 1903 update was then able to install properly. Just to be sure the iaStorA.sys was OK - in case it was needed upon restart - and just before the obligatory post-1903 install restart, I went back in and changed the name by removing "_OLD". I then allowed the restart to compete the 1903 install. So far, everything is working fine.

I thank you immensely for your assistance - and patience - while I was away and unable to respond!!! Kudos to you for your help!

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

KAlba, You are very welcome, no problem at all, thank you very much for letting us know those results.

Perfect, excellent, it is great to hear that after installing the Intel® RST version provided by Dell you were able to install the Windows* 10 1903 update successfully and everything is working fine.

Regarding the iaStorA.sys file there are different suggestions about what to do with it, but as long as Windows* is running properly and there are no blue screens then it should be fine.

We are glad to hear the Windows* 10 update was properly installed.

Any other inquiry, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos