Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2047 Discussions

can the intel raid ICH10R work with phison 3110 used on the kington kc400 1tb ssd's

idata
Employee

Hi,

i wonder if anyone can tell me if the intel raid ICH10R work with phison 3110 used on http://www.ebuyer.com/product/736413 Kingston 1TB SSDNow KC400 Sata 3 2.5inch SSD i have tried to ask kingston but they can't answer the question

due to the fact they haven't bothered to test the ICH10R controller

hopefully some may know the answer as i need to replace the seagate satas i have set up as mirror due to dust damage / age of them and work like to swap to ssd's to cut down the problems we've had

due to where the units based

with thanks

Elliott

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Ebec,

Thank you for contacting Intel Communities.

In this case, you shouldn't have any issues if you are moving from HDDs to SSDs.

You also can check the following information about features supported by chipsets or controller hubs:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/technologies/000005807.html RAID Features by Chipset or Controller Hub > look for ICH10R column.

In addition, it would be good if you can check with the motherboard's manufacturer if there are any compatibility issues between the SSD you want to get and the motherboard.

I hope this information helps.

Regards,

JC
idata
Employee

Hi,

Thank you very much for the reply luckily i only wish to run raid 1 ( mirrored for safety ) which we are running already via seagate 1tb satas

but one of the drivers is dying due to age and also very fine dust even after putting in extra custom made filters due to the type of company that's using it

unhappily i've done as you asked before posting here this morning ,

yet due to kingstons testing policy i couldn't get any answers for anything past 3-4 yrs

also the same from MSI the makers of the motherboard ,

but your comment have given me some hope

thank you very much

as it's been a very stress full day trying to get any type of answer

if not i'll try to get a intel raid pci card if i have to replace the onboard controller

Regards

Ebec

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Ebec,

You are welcome.

As stated before, you shouldn't have any issues.

Please don't hesitate in replying to this post if you need further assistance.

Best Regards,

JC
0 Kudos