Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2055 Discussions

iaStorA: Reset to device, \Device\RaidPort0, was issued.

MKirk2
Beginner

During a "Verify and Repair" of a RAID5 on my ASUS H87i-PLUS i've noticed a lot of these warnings in my Event Viewer...

They are Warnings - so i'm wondering if i should be concerned ?

Some people say that such error is caused by LPM (Link Power Management) in the PCI-Express / SATA interface

And that the error / warning COULD result in performance degradation of SSD's and other devices.

I've tried disabling LPM through Windows Power Management and in Intel RST

I've also tried disabling LPM through Regedit using a couple of DWORDS....

but the warnings still appear...

The errors occured while Intel RST was verifying and about once pr minute in some cases - and are rare otherwise...

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

I am not sure if the log provides any other specific information but considering that there are no other symptoms, I suggest using the latest https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=3449&DwnldID=23496 Intel® Rapid Storage Technology software and latest BIOS.

0 Kudos
MKirk2
Beginner

Well.. There's no chance i'm going to update the BIOS - if you suggest the one on the motherboard.

The last time i updated the BIOS, my RAID5 stopped working / was reset and i lost it completely

So i'm stuck with the current BIOS which works just fine...

I'll update IRST when a newer version appears though, i guess that can't harm

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

I understand your concern regarding BIOS update. It is not strictly necessary but as best practice we recommend updating both Intel® Rapid Storage Technology and BIOS, so the RAID option ROM will be updated as well with a contemporary version (if it is indeed confirmed to be a feature updated with the newer BIOS version). This is just to let you know why we recommend it.

0 Kudos