Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2054 Discussions

iaStorA.sys BSOD following windows 10 install

NBuny
Beginner

Unable to get past the following BSOD:

STOP: 0x0000007E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF88001AF320c, 0xFFFF88004B7F768, 0xFFFFF88004B7EFC0)

iastora.sys - Address FFFFF88001AF320C base at FFFFF88001AA3000, DateStamp 5175919d

Been unable to clean install new Windows 10 Pro OS. Machine was running Windows 7 Pro when tried to update to 10.

Unable to boot into any Safe Mode.

Original and backup disc also fail.

Machine is a HP Z Book 15

BSOD suggests to disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. Will this help and how to go about it?

SATA set to RAID will changing to IDE or AHCI possibly help?

Any advice most welcome

0 Kudos
9 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Nick-Bun

Thank you for joining the community.

Was the operating system installed by the system manufacturer?

Could you provide me with the system model number?

Could you press CTRL+I to enter RAID Configuration Utility at the time of the post of the system? if you can access the utility please sent me a picture of the system status.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
NBuny
Beginner

Hi Leonardo

Thank you for response.

Yes operating system was installed by HP. Only change to original was motherboard replacement under warranty.

Product Name: HP ZBook 15

SKU Number: F0U63ET

Pressing CTRL+I doesn't work unfortunately. Just goes to repair windows option.

Attached are photos from pressing F10 and entering BIOS setup and device configurations. Hope this helps.

Attach files not working on phone will try alternative.

0 Kudos
NBuny
Beginner

Photos of Device Config.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Nick-Bun

Thank you for your response.

I recommend verifying with HP the key combination to access the RAID Configuration Utility to review the status of the hard drive and RAID.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Nick-Bun

I was checking your case and would like to know if you need further help. If so, please do not hesitate in replying back.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
NBuny
Beginner

Hi Leonardo

Yes Please. Not been able to get response to alternative way to access RAID Configuration Utility.

Is there a work around or is it possible to install now?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Nick-Bun

I recommend trying reinstalling the Operating system that came with the laptop using installation disk of the manufacturer if you have access to this option. In case you don't, it seems that you could try to perform a clean installation of Windows® 10 using a bootable USB device.

Let me share with you the Windows® 10 download link

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10 https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10

Hope this help.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
NBuny
Beginner

Hi Leonardo.

Have tried to reinstall using original discs, created discs and ISO images form Microsoft none will work due to this error.

Is there a setting that I can change from the options available, see images. that will get me passed this.

Could you explain what this iastor.sys is linked too?

Is it to do with RAID?

Is it loaded on hard drive or installed on motherboard etc.?

Thank you

Nick

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Nick-Bun

The iastor.sys is a file related to the SATA controller driver if you are using the original disc that came with the system this driver could be coming either from the manufacturer HP or from Microsoft®.

In this case, since you have problems to complete the installation with the original disc y would recommend testing the installation with a different operating system image and is the situation does not change I would recommend contacting HP because this could lead to a hardware issue.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos