Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2055 Discussions

intel rapid storage technology error 0xa001000e

thoulihan
Beginner

I am trying to build a RAID 1 volume with two SSD hard drives.   It fails giving me this error:

error 0xa001000e

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

thoulihan, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In reference to this scenario, in order for us to be able to provide the most accurate assistance on this matter, please provide the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, please check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
thoulihan
Beginner

I ran SSU, I will attach the report.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

thoulihan, Thank you very much for providing the SSU report.

According to the details showing in the SSU report, the issue seems to be related to a compatibility problem between all the parts being used.

Based on those details, it says the model of your computer is "ASUS P7P55D DELUXE", as you will be able to confirm in the link below, according to ASUS the board is not compatible with Windows* 10, I tried to look for the proper drivers for your system and Windows* 10 is not even listed:

https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/P7P55D_Deluxe/HelpDesk_Download/

We do have an Intel® Rapid Storage Technology that is a generic version, meaning it might or it might not work with your system, it is version 14.8, you can always install it from the following link and test it with your platform to see if it works:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26759/Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Intel-RST-User-Interface-and-Driver

If the problem persists when using that version, there is another way to create the RAID and it is through the Option ROM of the motherboard. So what we recommend is to get in contact directly with ASUS to gather the instructions on how to access the Option ROM in their board, normally the shortcut is to press and hold the "Ctrl" key and then keep tapping the "i" key several times until you access it but it might be different depending on the board so it is best to check with them. Also, when you get in contact with ASUS you can always verify if they have an Intel® RST version tested and validated by them for you to install it:

https://www.asus.com/support/

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
thoulihan
Beginner

I have tried to execute the Option ROM, but it is indicating that I am at the maximum number of volumes, of which I have only one...

I had a RAID 1 (mirrored) boot drive as well as a mirrored D Drive before, but it won't let me build a new mirrored C Drive.  see attached screenshots.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

thoulihan, Thank you very much for sharing those details and the pictures.

Those 2 drives that are showing in the picture as "Non-Raid", are those the drivers you want to use for the RAID 1?

Please confirm which Intel® RST version are you using and if you are able to create the RAID 1 within Windows*?

Keep in mind that the Option ROM version that you are using is not that new and it might require an update, to do that you will need to do a BIOS update that contains an update for the Option ROM, for that you just need to get in contact directly with ASUS to gather the instructions on how to do the BIOS update.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
thoulihan
Beginner

Yes, the first two drives (non-RAID) are the ones I want to set up as a RAID 1 mirror as my C_Drive for booting.  I already have a RAID 1 mirror for my D_Drive.

I have updated my motherboard to the latest BIOS already.

How do I set up a RAID in Windows 10 ??   

-Tom

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

thoulihan, Thank you very much for letting us know that information.

Regarding your question "How do I set up a RAID in Windows 10??, please follow these steps in order to set up the RAID, you will be able to confirm those steps in the link below and additionally verify further details about a RAID configuration:

Create the second RAID volume using one of the following methods

Intel Rapid Storage Technology user interface

Follow these steps to create a second volume on a RAID array using the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology user interface:

-Click Start/All Programs/Intel/Intel Rapid Storage Technology.

-Click Create a custom volume.

-Select a volume type and click Next.

-Name the volume and click Yes: Array_xxxx (this creates a second volume on the existing array).

-Click Next.

-Click Create Volume.

-Click OK to the reminder that you need to partition your volume.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005789/technologies.html

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello thoulihan, I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello thoulihan, Since I have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, please post them on a new thread so we can further assist you with this matter.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos