Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID

oRaid 1 Setup

Rasool486
Beginner

Hello,

I want to setup Raid 1 with 2 SATA Hard drive but in Intel Optane memory application I have message that " Your System is Not Intel Optane Memory Ready" and bellow this I have " There are no valid disk pairs in your system"

but in Manage section I have 2 ready and same HDD .

Please help me how could I solve my problem.

Thanks

0 Kudos
14 Replies
Maria_R_Intel

Hello Rasool486,

Thank you for posting on the Intel* Community.

To better assist you, please provide us with the below information:

• What is the Intel RST version that you are installing?

Please run the following tool in Windows* and attach the report generated. 

Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) 

• Intel® SSU Download
  • Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View". 
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View". 
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save". 

Best regards,

Maria R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Rasool486
Beginner

Hi ,

I attached system summery also I attached photos of my problem.

In Rapid Storage Application the : " Create Raid " is not shown. please check second photo.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Rasool486
Beginner

Dear Maria,

Did you check my system information and do you have any recommendation?

Thanks

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Those two messages are not error messages; they are status messages. They are telling you that you do not have an Optane module in your system and that there is no pairing of drives for Optane acceleration. This should not prevent you from creating a RAID array across the two SATA drives.

...S

0 Kudos
Rasool486
Beginner

Dear Scott

With Many Thanks,

Please Check attached photos , in Bios after pressing F3 I don't have Create Raid and in RST windows application in Create Raid Volume menu , its disable and I cant create

Thanks,

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Ignoring the fact that we cannot see the whole screen, this capture really doesn't tell us anything regardless. How did you get to this particular screen? Have you tried using the spacebar to select the drives? You may have to do so before it will enable the action button.

...S

0 Kudos
Rasool486
Beginner

Dear Scott,

I follow 2 way :

1-in system start up I press F3 you can see the RST application in PIC2.JPG the in the RST there is not Create Raid

2-I Installed RST application in windows this is the last version as you can see in create raid menu I can select Raid 1 option its disable and I cant press next too because its disable too

if you think that you should have better photo or any detail data please tell me I will provide.

With many Regards

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Hold on. When you say you "Installed RST application", are you referring to the full Intel RST drivers package or are you just referring to the Intel Memory and Storage (MAS) tool? If the latter, then you need to install the Intel RST drivers package.

...S

0 Kudos
Rasool486
Beginner

No , I Installed RST and Driver. But its disable to create Raid.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Well, nothing is coming to me regarding this issue. Have you contacted your motherboard vendor to find out if they have any insights?

...S

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello Rasool486,

Thank you very much for all the information provided.

We have been moderating the case and checking the information that you and our community peer have been sharing.

According to the pictures you shared, it seems like the tool Intel* Rapid Storage is working properly, scanning your system, and identifying the disks correctly but the option ROM may be disabled on BIOS and it can be enabled just through specific BIOS versions/updates.

We noticed that you are not using the latest BIOS, and this may help you to resolve the problem. You are using version 02.06 and the latest available is 02.07.01.

Also, the best thing to do is using the drivers that are provided by the system manufacturer or via Windows Update to eliminate the potential impact caused by loading non-customized drivers (Intel's generic drivers that were not tested on your specific system). The system manufacturers regularly customize Intel generic drivers to meet the needs of their specific system design. In such cases, the use of the Intel generic driver update is not recommended. HP* has an available Intel* RST driver, so we highly suggest you use it. Version 17.5.2.1024 Rev.H

We highly suggest contacting HP* for guidance on BIOS settings/updates and the proper guidance for drivers and the set up for any RAID configuration.

Best regards, 

Maria R.  

0 Kudos
Rasool486
Beginner

Dear Maria ,

I updated Bios to last version from HP site also download and installed RST driver version 17.5.2.1024 Rev.H from HP official site , nothing happened unfortunately.

My system Chipset is Intel B360 , and I heard  that my system motherboard with this Chipset only support Optane configuration not Raid 0,1 and I should install PCI-E SATA 3rd party card. Should I do this or I have some wrong setup for Raid

Thanks

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello Rasool486,

Thank you for let us know.

The  Intel B360 does support Raid 0, 1, etc without a PCI-E SATA card. As you mentioned, with your motherboard you will need a PCI-E SATA 3rd party card. In this case, the Raid configuration will depend on the motherboard capabilities and that will determine how you can create the RAID; the steps and the overall set-up should be provided by the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM); Intel just provides the components (CPU, chipset, SSDs, etc) in stock setting and we do not have control over any customization/limitation that the equipment manufacturer has performed.

Please, contact HP for instructions to set the RAID configuration.

Best regards,

Maria R.

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello Rasool486,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards, 

Maria R.  

0 Kudos