Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
1700 Discussions

question on Dell Precision 3630 w/ IRST RAID

ssybesma
Beginner

I have a pre-boot screen that comes up showing the Option ROM settings for the two spinning SATA HDDs in the system which are in a RAID 0 configuration.  CTRL+I allows me to enter the menu.  I thought by adding an SSD (M.2 NVMe which are not SATA) that the drive would appear in the list as any other drive (whether part of a RAID array or not).  My intention is to add another of the same M.2 NVMe SSD and I did want to put those to into their own RAID array.  Is this not possible for IRST RAID?  Are only SATA drives supported?  Guess I need to look for a 3rd party solution that plugs into a PCIe x4 slot and allows RAID with two NVMe drives.  I have two such PCIe x4 slots available and don't want to put two NVMe's on one.

Thanks,

Steve Sybesma

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Maria_R_Intel

Hello ssybesma,

Thank you for posting on the Intel* Community.

I was checking the specifications of your system Dell Precision 3630 and I noticed that it includes the Intel® C246 Chipset. For systems with server chipset included, the support is provided for the Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) only.

Please, contact Dell* for further support.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored. 

Best regards, 

Maria R. 

Intel Customer Support Technician