Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RMeie2
Beginner

unknown error when opening configuration gui

Windows 2016 and 2019. I'm trying to open the gui of RSTe and I'm always getting an "unknown error" in the event log I can find those two "information" entries, whenever I try to open the gui.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?> <Events> <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> <System> <Provider Name="IRST_UI"/> <EventID Qualifiers="0">0</EventID> <Level>4</Level> <Task>0</Task> <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords> <TimeCreated SystemTime="2019-03-31T11:49:59.765377100Z"/> <EventRecordID>121</EventRecordID> <Channel>Application</Channel> <Computer>WIN-CDC6AN3G0J1</Computer> <Security/> </System> <EventData> <Data>Failed to load Storage Data from Driver</Data> </EventData> </Event> <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> <System> <Provider Name="PSI"/> <EventID Qualifiers="0">0</EventID> <Level>4</Level> <Task>0</Task> <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords> <TimeCreated SystemTime="2019-03-31T11:49:57.187715100Z"/> <EventRecordID>120</EventRecordID> <Channel>Application</Channel> <Computer>WIN-CDC6AN3G0J1</Computer> <Security/> </System> <EventData> <Data>Warning: Initial Storage Driver Data Load failed. The driver may be busy.</Data> </EventData> </Event> </Events>

I tried all drivers, including the latest one. Mainboard does have a 5.4 version of RST. And... it also has a problem with the backplanes attached to it. They seem never to finish the "initialization".

My first question would be: Could it be the problem, that the driver really is "busy" because of this never ending initialization or is just the backplane never terminating the initialization? (I can use the disks by the way). ... and my second question would be... IF this is not the problem. Then why can your new drivers not communicate with older versions of an RST bios? Do you hire m...s ???

Sorry, but... RST is almost never working. What's the problem with you Intel? I had problems with the SSD acceleration on desktops (doesn't work with drivers >= 16, no idea why) and now with RSTe ... we cannot use our new servers. Do I have to buy other raid-controllers? Who will pay for that? Should I buy an Epyc board??

0 Kudos
20 Replies
Santiago_A_Intel
Employee

Hi RMeie2,

Thank you for your reply to Intel® SSD support group.

As indicated on previous replies, we ran our lab tests under similar conditions as your particular case, we weren’t able to replicate the problem or situation your’re facing; please bear in mind, the products are manufactured by Intel®, that includes RSTe drivers; however, as OEM products, Intel® provides generic versions; your computer manufacturer is responsible for altered features, customization incorporated, or other changes made. Your product has been altered by the OEM; in this case, Gigabyte*.

Please get in contact with your OEM, if Gigabyte* needs further assistance to find a solution, they will internally get in contact with Intel® and assistance will be provided directly from your OEM

Have a nice day.

Best regards,

Santiago A.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation