Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2047 Discussions

what is compatibility ASUS Hyper m.2 on Z390 motherboard ?

Hwen
Beginner

Hi

Recently , I just bought ASUS Hyper M.2 wanna do raid 0 for some reason(I do not care my data).

I have two M.2 SSD which are ADATA SX8200 PRO 1TB.

Now, I want to do bootable raid 0 with ASUS Hyper m.2 . I find out my motherboard can recognize mine two SSD after I follow the ASUS Hyper M.2 guide, but when I want to create raid in Intel Rapid Storage Technology, It cannot  recognize  mine two ADATA SX8200 PRO 1TB, just show no disk.

Does ASUS Hyper M.2 compatibility with Z390? Can I do the bootable raid 0? What is the problem?    

I already Enable ASUS Hyper M.2 and IRST(version: 17)  and disable CSM 

Or If I want do bootable raid 0 in Z390, I need intel SSD? or Z390 is not allowed to do bootable raid 0 

Thank you for the reading, I am looking forward to your reply  .

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Maria_R_Intel

Hello Hwen,

Thank you for posting on the Intel* Community.

To better assist you, please provide us with the below information:

• Specific motherboard model.
  • Specific Hyper M.2 card model (We found different links with different models)
  • Can you please provide us a step by step of the process you are following? (type of connections, the software you are using, BIOS settings, etc)
  • Confirm if you are using the Intel* RST interface or the BIOS settings to create the RAID.

Best regards, 

Maria R.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello Hwen,

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let me know if you need more assistance.

Best regards, 

Maria R.  

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello Hwen,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards, 

Maria R.  

0 Kudos