Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2055 Discussions

zusätzliche HDDs mit Daten in bereits bestehendes RAID 1 einbauen (WIN 10 pro)

paul66
Novice
Hallo, ich möchte meine alte HP Workstation mit WIN 10 pro und RAID 1 (2 x 1 TB) durch eine neue ersetzen (HP Z440). Ich würde gerne wieder RAID 1 haben und am liebsten hätte ich im neuen System wieder RAID 1 bestehend aus 2 kleine SSDs für Windows und Programme und meinen "alten" HDDs (2 x 1 TB) mit meinen Daten. Ich würde den Rechner mit Win 10 pro und dem RAID 1 mit den SSDs so fertig installiert kaufen und dann meine alten Festplatten einbauen (lassen). Geht das wirklich so einfach wie hier beschrieben: https://www.intel.de/content/www/de/de/support/articles/000005815/technologies.html oder droht hier Datenverlust? Ich hoffe, ich habe mich verständlich ausgedrückt. Danke. Paul
0 Kudos
1 Solution
paul66
Novice
0 Kudos
5 Replies
paul66
Novice

My question in English:

Hello, I would like to replace my old HP workstation with WIN 10 pro and RAID 1 (2 x 1 TB) with a new one (HP Z440). I would like to have RAID 1 again in the new system, consisting of 2 small SSDs for Windows and programs and my "old" HDDs (2 x 1 TB) with my data. I would buy the computer with Win 10 pro and the RAID 1 with the SSDs so ready installed and then install my old hard drives (let). Is this really as simple as described here: https://www.intel.de/content/www/de/de/support/articles/000005815/technologies.html or is there a risk of data loss here? I hope I have expressed myself understandably. Thank you.

Paul

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Hello @paul66

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. Following the steps from that article will help you to safely set up a RAID with an OS already installed, you also have to check with the system manufacturer to confirm this will be possible and the motherboard supports it.

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
paul66
Novice

Hello David,

Thank you for your answer. It is a HP Workstation Z440, so this should be no problem, correct?

Paul

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

But let's be clear: there *is* a significant risk of data loss. I would not attempt to do this without having a good backup.

As Andy Grove used to say, “Only the paranoid survive."   ;^)

...S

0 Kudos
paul66
Novice

Thank you Scott, of course I will have a back up.

Paul

0 Kudos