oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.

Extending student license

KashifMehmood
Novice

I am a doctoral student in Zhejiang University. I am using Intel® Parallel Studio XE Cluster Edition for Windows for Fortran programming, but my student license expired on December 3, 2020. My product serial number is VSGK-358V2TPF.Now my questions is, How to extend the Intel parallel studio cluster edition 2020 license for free?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi Kashif, please know a student license/free license cannot be extended/renewed. It can only be reapplied for. However, Intel® has transitioned from providing Intel® Parallel Studio XE as a free tool to providing Intel® oneAPI Toolkits as a free tool.

However, please know that the transition from Intel® Parallel Studio XE to Intel® oneAPI Toolkits delivers additional capabilities through existing tools and new tools.

The Intel® Parallel Studio XE Cluster Edition product suite maps to the equivalent Intel® oneAPI Toolkits: Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit + Intel® oneAPI HPC Toolkit.

The Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit and the Intel® oneAPI HPC Toolkit are available for Windows*, Linux*, and macOS*.

·      Qualification – No qualification is required.

·      Support – All Intel® oneAPI Toolkits are available at no cost and include community forum support. Community Forums

·      Licensing – Install and run the tools under the terms of use found in the End User License Agreement. No license files are needed.

Please click on the below link to choose and download the required product tools with respect to Intel® oneAPI Toolkits.

Link - https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/articles/qualify-for-free-software.html

Note - Make sure to download and install Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit first and then add Intel® oneAPI HPC Toolkit or the toolkit of your choice.

Have a safe and wonderful day ahead!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi Kashif, please know a student license/free license cannot be extended/renewed. It can only be reapplied for. However, Intel® has transitioned from providing Intel® Parallel Studio XE as a free tool to providing Intel® oneAPI Toolkits as a free tool.

However, please know that the transition from Intel® Parallel Studio XE to Intel® oneAPI Toolkits delivers additional capabilities through existing tools and new tools.

The Intel® Parallel Studio XE Cluster Edition product suite maps to the equivalent Intel® oneAPI Toolkits: Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit + Intel® oneAPI HPC Toolkit.

The Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit and the Intel® oneAPI HPC Toolkit are available for Windows*, Linux*, and macOS*.

·      Qualification – No qualification is required.

·      Support – All Intel® oneAPI Toolkits are available at no cost and include community forum support. Community Forums

·      Licensing – Install and run the tools under the terms of use found in the End User License Agreement. No license files are needed.

Please click on the below link to choose and download the required product tools with respect to Intel® oneAPI Toolkits.

Link - https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/articles/qualify-for-free-software.html

Note - Make sure to download and install Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit first and then add Intel® oneAPI HPC Toolkit or the toolkit of your choice.

Have a safe and wonderful day ahead!

samet_d_
Novice

I am in the same situation Kashif, but i want to continue to use old compilers too as i have software based on them.  (i am using module system to manage multiple parallel studio versions and some old softwares can only be compiled with one specific intel version)

Is there a way to get new license file  as we are not able to renew. If not, this is very disappointing for us.

Renathielly
Beginner

Hi, do you could solve this problem?

0 Kudos
Sohawon__Hashmi
Beginner

yes this is very disappointing. i have so many softwares linked to Intel Parallel Studio that are now not working as my student license has expired and it seems that there is no way to keep using this software other than making a purchase. all queries are being responded with a generic message. how disappointing.

mengle
Beginner

I have the same problem now. Have you solved the problem? Thanks.

0 Kudos