Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7430 Discussions

How can I reinstall intelsoftwareassetmanagerservice.exe

LTE
Beginner

When I bootup (I'm using Win10), on a Lenovo ThinkPad E560, equipped with an "Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165".

When booting up, I get this error message twice:

"fatal error detected
failed to execute script intelsoftwareassetmanagerservice"

Searching the web, all I can find about this is that it is a component of "PROSet/Wireless WiFi Software". 

Where can I obtain the installer file for this software, so that I can restore the missing service file?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
13 Replies
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi LTE,

Thanks for posting your concern in the forum. However, kindly know, this forum topic is for support on getting started questions for Intel® oneAPI Toolkits, Intel® Parallel Studio XE and Intel® System Studio.

However, please be rest assured as we are routing your post to the correct forum topic. Our internal team will back to you in a timely manner.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
LTE
Beginner

Thanks, Soumya.  Can you please tell me which forum topic you rerouted my post to? 

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Hello LTE

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. To provide any recommendations we need more information from your system, please share with us the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) results 

• Download the Intel SSU https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows
  • Open the application and select "Everything" click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".  
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".  

• When did this issue start?
  • DId you make any changes before this started?
  • Which troubleshooting steps did you try to resolve this?
  • Is this the original card on that came with your system?

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let us know if you still need assistance.  

Best regards,  

David G.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
LTE
Beginner

My SSU results are attached.  In answer to your above questions:

1. The issue started in mid-May. The error message pops up twice every  time I reboot.

2. I haven't found a way to troubleshoot this. I have found no help for this problem on the Internet.

3. Yes, my system has the original card. (It is a laptop, so no cards to change out).

My computer is a Lenovo E560, in case that is helpful.

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Thank you for the information provided, it seems that you're not using the latest Intel driver available. Please use the steps from the article Clean Installation of Wireless Drivers

Installing the latest Intel driver available version: 22.50.0

After you install the driver, please test the system and let us know if the issue persists.

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Did you try the previous steps? Let us know to continue.  

Regards,  

David G.  

0 Kudos
LTE
Beginner

I tried the previous steps, but it didn't help.

I find that I had two instances of the driver in my C: drive, but different versions:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel Corporation\Intel WiDi\Intel(R) Software Asset Manager\bin\IntelSoftwareAssetManagerService.exe

It is 6/16/2015, size 19,088 bytes.

C:\Program Files\Intel\SUR\QUEENCREEK\Updater\bin\IntelSoftwareAssetManagerService.exe

It is 3/20/2020,  size 3,087,184 bytes.

Whatever is trying to load the driver during bootup isn't finding it. And there are always two failed attempts.

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Thank you for the update @LTE, make sure to run the latest chipset driver, BIOS version and also try the latest OEM driver.

Regards,  

David G.  

0 Kudos
LTE
Beginner

I was already up to date on all of those, and still am.

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

We are currently working on this request, the updates will be posted on the thread.

Regards,  

David G.  

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Thank you for your patience, after further investigating this request it seems to be related to an obsolete program. To uninstall it:

1. Click the Windows Start Button. You find it in the lower-left corner of the taskbar.
  2. Type the word uninstall.
  3. Click Add or remove programs.
  4. Now locate Intel® Computing Improvement Program or Intel® WiDi Software Asset Manager in the list of displayed applications.
  5. Click the program, and then click Uninstall.
  6. Reboot your system to check if the error is not showing anymore.

If the problem remains or the software is not uninstalled I would recommend to check with your OEM as it also could be related to virus/malware which is out of our scope.

Regards,  

David G.  

0 Kudos
LTE
Beginner

That fixed it. Thanks! 

(Sorry that it took me so long to reply.)

0 Kudos