oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.

Is License mandatory to use IPP6.1 ?

S__Ganesamoorthy

Hi All,

We are using IPP6.1 as per the software development requirement. During the Installation of IPP6.1, it was prompting to enter the serial number or activate the product for 31 days. Not sure we need a license for development activities, Can anyone advise?

3 Replies
ArpanB_Intel

Hi Ganesamoorthy, you would need a license if the product is downloaded prior to the transition to Intel® oneAPI. You can download Intel® IPP as part of the Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit. You won't require a license to install the free version of Intel® oneAPI Toolkit.

To get Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit, click here: https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/tools/oneapi/base-toolkit/download.html

S__Ganesamoorthy

In my current project we are suggested try without licence applied because we have missed it actually. Will it impact our current development ? We are merely using the ipp dll's alone, so I am advised not to worry about license. Kindly confirm once again so that I can talk with my senior management.

Thanks in advance

ArpanB_Intel

Ganesamoorthy, if you are only using the dll's you would not require a license. If however, you are using it as a part of Intel® Parallel Studio XE you would need a license.