oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.

MKL 2019 or earlier download?

npross
Beginner

I have a legacy product that is being updated to from 32 bit to 64 bit.

It was is Deep Neural Network (DNN) component from the MKL.

It was announced in 2020 that the Deep Neural Network (DNN) component has been removed in this release. I am looking for a previous version of the MKL that contains this component.

It appears that the dnnl is not a simple replacement for this component and would require significant rework.  

Is there somewhere I can download this from (source or binary)?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Cy_KNelson
Beginner

For Linux, APT (and, presumably, YUM, but I've never used it) feeds still have all the old versions of the perf libraries back to 2017.

Main page: https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/articles/how-to-get-intel-mkl-ipp-daal.html

APT instructions: https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/articles/installing-intel-free-libs-and-python-apt-repo.html

YUM instructions: https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/articles/installing-intel-free-libs-and-python-yum-repo.html

Content of the APT feed for the MKL:

$ apt-cache showpkg intel-mkl-20\* | grep ^Package: | sort
Package: intel-mkl-2017.2-050
Package: intel-mkl-2017.3-056
Package: intel-mkl-2017.4-061
Package: intel-mkl-2018.0-033
Package: intel-mkl-2018.1-038
Package: intel-mkl-2018.2-046
Package: intel-mkl-2018.3-051
Package: intel-mkl-2018.4-057
Package: intel-mkl-2019.0-045
Package: intel-mkl-2019.1-053
Package: intel-mkl-2019.2-057
Package: intel-mkl-2019.3-062
Package: intel-mkl-2019.4-070
Package: intel-mkl-2019.5-075
Package: intel-mkl-2020.0-088
Package: intel-mkl-2020.1-102
Package: intel-mkl-2020.2-108
Package: intel-mkl-2020.3-111
Package: intel-mkl-2020.4-912

Hope this helps.

-kkm

0 Kudos
npross
Beginner

Thanks, unfortunately the project is windows based

0 Kudos
PrasanthD_intel

Hi Ross,

If you are a registered user or have an active license you can download older versions from this link Products - Intel® Products

Regards

Prasanth

0 Kudos
npross
Beginner

@PrasanthD_intel I do not have a serial number and do not seem to see a way to register oneAPI (I cannot find a serial number associated with this product) so no products appear at that link.

I inherited this project and the developers that worked on this project no longer work for the company.  I have searched for serial numbers and logins (it is possible that they used their personal emails instead of corporate email addresses when they registered). 

I also emailed premium support to ask if purchasing premium support for oneAPI would give me access to earlier versions of MKL and they said:

"... we would not be able to guarantee if the link to the component would be available by adding Priority Support since it prioritizes the action on the case. Without Priority Support, we would not be able to assist you here. However, if you post a query in the forum, our internal team would get back to you there in a timely manner. The handling of your query would be the same either way."

I also asked if they could search for accounts or registrations associated with my company but they said they could find none.

Is there some other avenue open to me??

Thanks,

Norm

0 Kudos
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

"Npross", I am puzzled by your statement, "... unfortunately the project is windows based". When you sign in at the Intel Registration Center, you are shown a list of the products that you registered. There may be a second, hidden, list of products that you had at one time but whose licenses or support periods have expired.

If you can give Intel support personnel (through private mail; not in this public forum) the name of your company or former employees, they may be able to look in their records, and issue a replacement license if your company is entitled to them.

0 Kudos
PrasanthD_intel

Hi Ross,

As your query is regarding licensing and download, we are transferring your query to the concerned forum (Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation - Intel Community) which deals with those issues for better support.

Regards

Prasanth

0 Kudos