oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.
1264 Discussions

Renewal of license for open source developer, or OneAPI

eldiener
New Contributor I

I have a license as an open source developer for Parallel Studio XE for both Windows and Linux. The license basically allows me to test, as a Boost C++ developer/maintainer,  Intel C++ on Windows and Linux. Evidently my yearly license expires at this time of year. Are new licenses available for me to renew, or am I supposed to now use the OneAPI product ? Is the OneAPI the successor to the Parallel Studio XE product as far as using Intel C++ is concerned ? Do I need some sort of open source developer license for OneAPI to test Intel C++ with it ?

1 Solution
Nupur_K_Intel

Hi Edward, for a limited period, you will still be able to renew your existing products, providing you have not transitioned to an oneAPI product prior to the renewal. However, if you wish you can upgrade your product to the corresponding Intel® oneAPI Toolkit. Please be informed that if you have a product that is currently supported, such as Intel® Parallel Studio XE or Intel® System Studio, etc. you qualify for a free upgrade.

Intel® oneAPI Toolkits are the next generation of standards-based Intel® Software Development Tools used to build and deploy high-performance, data-centric applications across diverse architectures. The transition from Intel® Parallel Studio XE to Intel® oneAPI Toolkits delivers additional capabilities through existing tools and new tools.

Kindly go through the below link for more information.

Link: https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/articles/oneapi-commercial-faq.html

Have a nice day!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Nupur_K_Intel

Hi Edward, for a limited period, you will still be able to renew your existing products, providing you have not transitioned to an oneAPI product prior to the renewal. However, if you wish you can upgrade your product to the corresponding Intel® oneAPI Toolkit. Please be informed that if you have a product that is currently supported, such as Intel® Parallel Studio XE or Intel® System Studio, etc. you qualify for a free upgrade.

Intel® oneAPI Toolkits are the next generation of standards-based Intel® Software Development Tools used to build and deploy high-performance, data-centric applications across diverse architectures. The transition from Intel® Parallel Studio XE to Intel® oneAPI Toolkits delivers additional capabilities through existing tools and new tools.

Kindly go through the below link for more information.

Link: https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/articles/oneapi-commercial-faq.html

Have a nice day!

0 Kudos
eldiener
New Contributor I

Let us suppose I want to transition to the OneAPI product, since it certainly sounds like the Parallel Studio XE product is at the end of the line and OneAPI is the next generation in which the Intel C++ compiler will be developed. How do I do that with an open source developer license ? Or is it because the OneAPI product is free no license is needed anymore ?

0 Kudos