oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.

Student account

Arianna92
Beginner
Hello,
I am a PhD student and I would like to download Intel Fortran from Intel website. I subscribed with my university's email but maybe something did wrong during my registration and I don't have a Student account, but a Generic Account, so I do not have any license. 

How could I resolve this problem?
Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Nupur_K_Intel

Hi, please note that earlier we used to provide free licenses and free software packages to Educators, Students, and Researchers to install Intel® Parallel Studio XE. Now, with the transition to Intel® oneAPI, we do not provide free licenses. Students, Educators, Researchers can download and install Intel® oneAPI software package for free without a license. And only the most recent releases of the Toolkits will be made available.

Intel® oneAPI Toolkits are the next generation of standards-based Intel® Software Development Tools used to build and deploy high-performance, data-centric applications across diverse architectures. The transition from Intel® Parallel Studio XE to Intel® oneAPI Toolkits delivers additional capabilities through existing tools and new tools.

Intel®​ oneAPI Toolkit Products – The following shows how your product maps to the equivalent Intel® oneAPI Toolkits.

The Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit and the Intel® oneAPI HPC Toolkit are available for Windows*, Linux*, and macOS*. Intel® oneAPI IoT Toolkit is available for Windows and Linux.

• Qualification – No qualification is required.
  • Support – All Intel® oneAPI Toolkits are available at no cost and include community forum support. Community Forums
  • Licensing – Install and run the tools under the terms of use found in the End User License Agreement. No license files are needed.

Please click on the below link and choose the product you wanted to download.

Link- https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/articles/qualify-for-free-software.html#student ;

Note - Make sure to download and install first the Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit and then add Intel® oneAPI HPC Toolkit or the toolkit of your choice.

Have a nice day ahead!

0 Kudos
isynamuna
Beginner

Dear @Nupur_K_Intel ,

I tried to open the link you provided to download oneAPI toolkit but there is no file to be downloaded. Please help.

Regards.

0 Kudos
Arianna92
Beginner

Thank you for your response.
Could I get Fortran without installing oneAPI Toolkit? The file size is very large. 

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Hi, Intel® Fortran compiler is a part of the Intel® oneAPI HPC Toolkit. You have the option to customize the installation when you initiate the installer. Please select the Customize Installation button. It should take you to the dialogue box with all the tools provided in the toolkit. Uncheck the other tools and that you may not need apart from the Intel® Fortran compiler. This should drastically reduce the space required for the installation.

0 Kudos