oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.

ifort for mac

fabfont974
Novice

Hi-

I want to install ifort on some of my mac computers, and could do it successfully (via software.intel.com) on my new imac and mac book pro laptop which are both running Catalina.

However, I have also and old mac pro tower used by students and running el capitan and the .dmg dowloaded from software.intel.com is not suitable. 

Would it be possible to get ifort for this machine (spec attached, 16GoRAM,1 To SATA SSD)?

Thanks a lot for your help.

F.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
fabfont974
Novice
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi Fabrice,

Thanks for providing the details and screenshot along with your query.

Is there a specific version(s) of ifort, that you would like to install? The information would allow me to check on the concern better.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
fabfont974
Novice

Hi Soumya-

thanks for getting back to me.

I don't have a particular version in mind as I not been using ifort for a while (I was using gfortran) for compiling. But I wanted to try ifort again on my new Imac, as I noticed that my gfortran-compiled codes (3D) were running slow on it, and the gain was quite spectacular. As I also have this "old" 2009-2010 MacPro tower than is quite robust and that my master students are using I thought it was a good idea to install ifort on it.

SO I guess any ifort that the machine could handle (with the spec I sent&attached) is fine with me, but I really don't know which version is the best suitable (sorry!).

Regards

Fabrice

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi Fabrice,

Thanks for providing the update on the post. I understand the situation. I am checking on it with our internal team. Will get back to you soon.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi Fabrice,

We have checked with our internal team. However, there is no product version validated for the macOS X El Capitan. You may visit the below link to find the Intel® Compilers Compatibility with macOS* & XCode*.

Link: https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/articles/intel-compilers-compatibility-with-microsoft-visual-studio-and-xcode.html

Do let us know if there are any other queries or concerns. Have a nice day ahead.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
fabfont974
Novice

Hi Soumya-

thanks for your help.

Regards.

FAbrice

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi Fabrice,

Thanks for getting back to me with an update on the post. Proceeding further, I am closing this thread. However, feel free to create a new thread if there are any queries or concerns. Have a nice day ahead.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos