oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.

loop in downloading the basic tool kit

Elipap
Beginner

Hello!

I used to have the free 30 days license for the Fortran intel compiler. I am a student and -as I know- I can take a license after the free 30 days? However, I also saw that you offer the basic toolkit for free and I am trying to download it - using my university email address- and I cant. There seems to be an loop where I press the download button and it redirects me to the login page and then again to the download page.

What can I do? Am I not entitled to use the compiler as a student?

Thank you!!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JamesR
New Contributor II

The oneAPI toolkits (base has C++, HPC if you need Fortran) are free - and I recommend you use as a student.

Here is how to get the download without further delay (without the stupid endless loop in download - a bug that will go away by March):

(1) logout

(2) go to request the download while you are NOT logged in

(3) when prompt to "Sign In" or "Sign Up" look below the button and click "Maybe next time. Please take me to my download." (don't login!!!)

That should work.  If not - consider exiting and restarting your browser, or running in private (incognito) mode. Of course, let us know if you still have an issue (I will be surprised - but we'll be here for you).

If you are interested in programming for data parallelism in C++ using DPC++ and SYCL... you can download our book for free from https://link.springer.com/book/10.1007%2F978-1-4842-5574-2

With the download, and our book, you should be on your way to enjoying oneAPI.

Downloading while logged in will work correctly by March 2021.  Until then, it is quite confusing (it works if you answers all its questions - country, then company, toolkit; do not expect the email it promises;  logout, and then log in; and it will just work from then on).  Until then, you'll need to check back for updates because you only get email reminders about updates when you download while logged in.

I am sorry for the inconvenience, and I hope you like oneAPI.  I am very excited about our emphasis on XPU programming - this is very much a vision by software developer for software developers!

I am sure the tools will give you a better experience... and when you have questions about them... then I may get the chance to answer your questions in the future.

- james

0 Kudos