oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.

mkl installation problems

Petros_Mamales
Beginner
Hi,
While my license is getting renewed I downloaded the mkl 10.3 (update 8).
I chose the x86-64bit file (have windows7 64bit). Hope this was the right one.
(Suggestion: it might be a good idea if there was a short description on what each of the 3 files is good for).
Proceeded to install, the installation utility discovered that I have vs2010 and parallel studio 2011 installed, warned me that it would uninstall a component of te parallel studio replace it with one of the parallel studio X and assured me that everything in the end would be functional.
Upon, termination of the installation, I tried to open vs2010 to get "Exceprion has been thrown by the target of an invocation".

Of course, I could not locate a key to register and pose the question in a more appropriate audience and no indication for where to save the license file.

There are so many questions open tomy mind, due to insufficient documentation that I have no idea where to start from.
I apolodise if the tone of this note is less than appropriate, but as a result of all this, I no longer have a development system on my computer - despite the fact that I have paid very good money for having one!!

Please help,
Petros

UPDATE: By now, I have a key with which I reinstalled ( after uninstalled) mkl to obtain the same error message.
Please help, cannot work..
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi John48,

We are closing the thread since we have not heard from you on the private forum message regarding the concern, in the last 20 days. However, feel free to create a new thread if there are any queries or concerns. Have a nice day ahead.

Regards,

Soumya

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Nikolay_L_Intel
Employee

Hello Petros,
Thiserror looks related to the VS integration. It potentially could be corrupted by termination of install program.
Could you try following workaround?
1) UninstallParallel Studio 2011 and MKL 10.3 (update 8)
2)Complete VS 2010 repair (Add/Remove Products -> VS -> Repair)
3) Install Parallel Studio 2011 and MKL 10.3 (update 8) again, please do not interrupt installation process

If it does not help,please attach here a log file: %TEMP%\ComposerXE2011_

0 Kudos
John48
Beginner

Hi Nikolay,

I have tried to download oneMKL but I cannot select one of the blue highlighted accept options on my Linux Ubuntu system.  I have tried right clicking on the mouse or pressing enter and nothing happens!

Can you please help?

Thanks,

John

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi John48,

We are closing the thread since we have not heard from you on the private forum message regarding the concern, in the last 20 days. However, feel free to create a new thread if there are any queries or concerns. Have a nice day ahead.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos