oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.
1292 Discussions

oneAPI Base+HPC kits central installation on the LAN

Germán
New Contributor I

I would like to install the Intel oneAPI Base+HPC Kits centrally on the LAN so that I install them only once and other users have ready access to the compilers and libraries...

• is it do-able? I think so
  • what would it take? That, I don't know

I looked into the Windows registry and there weren't that many entries directly related to the Intel compilers home directory; entries in the registry is something I could do as a user configuration step and pre-requisite to gain access to Intel compilers from the LAN...I am already doing this for other programs.

But, I am wondering what the Intel oneAPI kits actually do, all inclusive, during installation:

1. what other registry entries do they create that do not include Intel-oneAPI home directory?
  2. do they install programs/scripts/files outside of the designated home directory?
  3. do they install stuff into:
  • c:\windows ?
  • c:\windows\system32 ?
  • c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs ?
  • c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio ?
  • c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft.NET ?
  • c:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild ?

I would like to think there is a list already in existence; otherwise, what am I to do? ...compare the entire file system and entire registry before and after installation?

Advise, tips, hints welcome...or the actual answer ; - )

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ArpanB_Intel

German, we do not have any special support for installing oneAPI product on the LAN.

You can use any installation method to install product on some machine and then share install location on LAN. However, nothing specific for on the LAN network.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ArpanB_Intel

Hi Germán, we have contacted you privately on this issue. Please check your inbox for more information.

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

German, we do not have any special support for installing oneAPI product on the LAN.

You can use any installation method to install product on some machine and then share install location on LAN. However, nothing specific for on the LAN network.

0 Kudos