oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.
1258 Discussions

oneapi HPC toolkit 2021.2 missing file mpivars.activate.sh

pporchia
Novice

Hi everyone,

yesterday Intel pushed .deb packages of update 2021.2 for OneApi toolkits. After the update, when I source 'setvars.sh' to configure the environment, I get the error: 

"no such file or directory: /opt/intel/oneapi/intelpython/latest/etc/conda/activate.d/mpivars.activate.sh"

it turns out that 'mpivars.activate.sh' is a symlink to the file contained in the previous version of the Toolkit, but having removed the old packages (sudo apt autoremove) the original file is not there anymore. How can I obtain this file to restore the proper configuration ? Or can anybody be so kind to attach the file to a reply, or copy and paste its content ?

Thank you in advance

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
pporchia
Novice

It turns out it was enough to delete the old symlinkand create a new one which points to the most recent installation

sudo rm mpivars.activate.sh

sudo ln -s /opt/intel/oneapi/mpi/2021.2.0/etc/conda/activate.d/mpivars.activate.sh mpivars.activate.sh

Thanks

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Nikky_P_Intel
Employee

Hello Paolo,

We sorry for the inconvenience. We recommend to install the base toolkit at first. Thus we would like to confirm if you have installed the Intel® oneAPI Base toolkit or not?

Regards,

Nikky

0 Kudos
pporchia
Novice

Hi Nikky,

yes, I have installed the Base toolkit before the HPC, thanks

kind regards

Paolo

0 Kudos
pporchia
Novice

It turns out it was enough to delete the old symlinkand create a new one which points to the most recent installation

sudo rm mpivars.activate.sh

sudo ln -s /opt/intel/oneapi/mpi/2021.2.0/etc/conda/activate.d/mpivars.activate.sh mpivars.activate.sh

Thanks

0 Kudos
Rachel_O_Intel

This issue has been resolved and we will no longer respond to this thread. If you require additional assistance from Intel, please start a new thread. Any further interaction in this thread will be considered community only

0 Kudos