Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor I

Высокие обороты вентиляторов в сервере R1208WFTYS

Jump to solution

Добрый день!

Подскажите в чём может быть проблема? Прошивка последней версии не помогает. Обороты вентиляторов держатся в на уровне 12000 оборотов.

Логи из утилиты Sysinfo во вложении.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
New Contributor I

Re: Высокие обороты вентиляторов в сервере R1208WFTYS

Jump to solution

Добрый день Франклин и Эмет!

Тестировал сервер при полной нагрузке процессоров. Температура процессоров при полной нагрузке не превышала 60 градусов цельсия, обороты вентиляторов не превышали 8000 оборотов.

Спасибо за помощь!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
47 Replies
Highlighted

Jump to solution
Hello Dmitry, Thank you for contacting us about this concern. Could you please so kind and provide us the BMC Debug Log in order to double check the information of the system? Regards, Emeth O. Intel Customer Support Technician. Under Contract to Intel Corporation.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

Jump to solution

Спасибо за столь скорый ответ!

BMC Debug Log во вложении.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution
Hello Dmitry, Thank you so much for the information provided. By any chance, did the issue of the fans start after the BIOS Update to the latest version or you have been facing the issue since long time ago? Regards, Emeth O. Intel Customer Support Technician. Under Contract to Intel Corporation.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

Jump to solution

Сервер новый. Неделя как он у нас появился. После прошивки пару дней сервер работал нормально. После установки на него гипервизора Hyper V Server 2016. Кулера стали работать шумнее.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution
Hi Dmitry, Thank you so much for the information provided. Could you please so kind and performed a Bios Recovery using Jumper? Please let me know the outcome and see if the issue will remain, I will be waiting your response. Regards, Emeth O. Intel Customer Support Technician. Under Contract to Intel Corporation.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

Jump to solution

Перепрошивка с помощью перемычки не дала результатов. Обороты вентиляторов в пределах 11000 оборотов. Во вложении логи с сервера.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

Jump to solution

Можно ли откатиться на более раннюю версию прошивки?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution
Hi Dmitry, Yes, you can try to downgrade the BIOS Version; please try to perform the process and let us know the outcome in order to verify the information and proceed with the next step. Regards, Emeth O. Intel Customer Support Technician. Under Contract to Intel Corporation.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

Jump to solution

image.pngДобрый день Эмет!

Откат прошивки для версии 1.90 помог уменьшить обороты вентиляторов.

Сейчас другая проблема. В BMC не показываются данные с сенсоров вентиляторов. Так и должно быть?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

Jump to solution

После установки сервера в стойку обороты вентиляторов опять стали 11000 оборотов. После полного обесточивания опять нужно обновить SDR \FRU ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution
Hi Dmitry, Thank you so much for the information provided. Please proceed and update the SDR - FRU in order to double check the information. On the other hand, I will verify those details with an upper level department in order to figure out the root casue of the issue. As soon as possible, I will get back to you with the next step. Please keep us inform about the outcome. Regards, Emeth O. Intel Customer Support Technician. Under Contract to Intel Corporation.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution
Hi Dmitry, Could you please so kind and try to use the following BIOS Version: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28316/Intel-Server-Board-S2600WF-Family-BIOS-and-Firmware-... Please let us know the outcome. Regards, Emeth O. Intel Customer Support Technician. Under Contract to Intel Corporation.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution
Hi Dmitry, I would like to know the status of the system, and see if you still need help on this? If so, please do not hesitate and let me know and I will be more than happy to assist you. Regards, Emeth O. Intel Customer Support Technician. Under Contract to Intel Corporation.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

Jump to solution

Откат до S2600WF_EFI_BIOSR0015_ME04.00.04.340.0_BMC1.74.ee39402a_FRUSDR_1.74 не помог, вернулся S2600WF_EFI_BIOSR0016_ME04.00.04.393.0_BMC1.90.0cf6e935_FRUSDR_1.90

Логи во вложении.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

Jump to solution

На сколько критично что обороты вентиляторов 12000 оборотов?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution
Hello Dmitry, We will go ahead and check on the last log files that you shared with us and get back in contact with you as soon as possible. Best regards, Franklin S. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

Jump to solution

Добрый день Франклин!

Есть какие нибудь новости по моему вопросу?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution
Hello Dmitry, BMC appears not to be recording any control of the fans. No errors in the log about the fans. Please clear the Event log, then rerun the firmware but at the portion where you need to select to update the FRU/SDR make the following selection: "Update both the SDR and the FRU" "Do you want to update the chassis info area of the FRU (Y/N)?" Go YES "Do you want to update Board info area of the FRU (Y/N)?" Go YES. Then to complete a power drain once the update is completed and capture a new log. Regards, Franklin S. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution
Hello Dmitry, Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns. Regards, Franklin S. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos